I'm building a custom Metadata Schema form to include links to related assets (Metadata Schemas ). However, when an asset is related to another (i.e. source, derived, others), the related asset does not appear as a link in the asset properties. When I try to unrelate the asset, I receive a prompt of removing the related asset - proof that the relation is indeed established.
I've tried building the form using the following components:
- Asset Referenced By
- Asset Referencing
- Read-Only link
None of the above components in the metadata schema form seem to show the related asset in the properties.
I appreciate the help!
What is the version of AEM ?
Okay . So I am testing this out now. I was doing it in 6.2 now but will check in 6.3 . In 6.2 I got the asset referenced as links
Let me test this out in 6.3 and update you
Tested this in 6.3 . I am able to get the referenced pages as links. PFB the screenshot
Please check and let me know if this is what you are having issue with ?
Thank you Veena,
The reference links appear for references to collections. However, links do not appear for relations to other assets (e.g. source, derived, others).
Oh .. Okay .. Got you .. How can I replicate the scenario for testing ?
- duplicated the default metadata schema (with a new name, let's say "test_duplicate").
- made some modifications to the schema, such as removing redundant fields.
- applied the new schema to a folder, and added assets.
- related an asset to another in the properties panel - as a "Source"
- related another asset in the properties panel - as "other"
- relation links do not appear in the asset properties.
Thanks . I tested this scenario also and seems like it is working fine for me
I have installed SP2 in my 6.3 server . Do you think that could be an issue for you ?
Yes, I believe SP2 is installed. Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing.
You'll noticed that 2 related assets exist, but the links are not populating.