Expand my Community achievements bar.

maven clean install command failure

Former Community Member

in aem 6.1

I am facing an issue while doing mvn clean install and using vlt up command. Error message is as follows:

Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.0.20:install (create-package) on project qbinproduct: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000 ms: connect timed out -> [Help 1]

Sometimes, connection refused. I have checked my firewall setting and it is not blocking the port 4502.

one more observation is that, This issue is intermittent but most of the time it is giving above mentioned error, sometimes after restart or shutdown the mac, It starts working.

Can you please help me to debug this issue, because it is really giving me issue

9 Replies

Employee

First can you update to version: 0.0.24?

Looking at the error-message there seem to be a connection issue.

can you run maven with the -X option?

Level 1

I have been battling this error for 2 days.  I'm on AEM v6.4.4, mvn 3.6.1 and tried also tried 3.3.9.  I even tried building different projects as well, one using newly created archetype (Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 13 ), I'm using version 0.0.24 of the content-package-maven-plugin (even tried other versions, e.g. 0.0.51.).  The -X reveals:

[DEBUG] Set parameter http.authentication.preemptive = true

[DEBUG] Proxying disabled (useProxy=true) or no proxies configured

[DEBUG] Set parameter http.connection.timeout = 5000

[DEBUG] Preemptively sending default basic credentials

[DEBUG] Authenticating with BASIC <any realm>@localhost:4502

[DEBUG] Credential charset not configured, using HTTP element charset

[DEBUG] Open connection to localhost:4502

[DEBUG] Closing the connection.

[DEBUG] Method retry handler returned false. Automatic recovery will not be attempted

[DEBUG] Releasing connection back to connection manager.

then I get:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.0.24:install (install-package) on project xxxx-commons.ui.apps: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000 ms: connect timed out -> [Help 1]

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.0.24:install (install-package) on project xxxx-commons.ui.apps: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000 ms

The master pom has the target URL and userId, password set correctly

<plugin>

<groupId>com.day.jcr.vault</groupId>

<artifactId>content-package-maven-plugin</artifactId>

<version>0.0.24</version>

<configuration>

<targetURL>http://${aem.host}:${aem.port}/crx/packmgr/service.jsp</targetURL>

<failOnError>true</failOnError>

<failOnMissingEmbed>true</failOnMissingEmbed>

<userId>${vault.user}</userId>

<password>${vault.password}</password>

</configuration>

</plugin>

and, AEM is running, and there is no proxy present.  I'm on a mac.  Please advise!  Thanks!

Employee Advisor

The problem is that AEM does not accept the request. But at least the TCP port is open which means that something (probably AEM ) is listening on that port.

Can you check if AEM is logging something in the logs?

Level 1

Thanks for the reply but there's nothing showing up in the logs when i execute the mvn cmd, and I checked all of logs (error, request, stdout, access, etc.).

One more thing, the curl cmd works and installs the package (but of course this isn't the way we want it to work):

curl -u admin:admin -F file=@"/Users/donald.edwards/git/aem/xxxx/ui.apps/target/xxxx-commons.ui.apps-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip" -F name="xxxx-commons.ui.apps" -F force=true -F install=true http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp

Level 1

On a whim I decided to install acs-commons and was surprised to see it succeed, so I thought I'd retry installing my xxx project and it worked.  I'm not sure why installing acs-commons made my other projects successful (since I was following Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 13 and there was no mention of acs-commons)...My 6.4.4 AEM instance was a fresh install so maybe there's something in ACS commons that was required...whatever, it worked for me.

Employee Advisor

That's completely unexpected, because ACS AEM Commons does not change anything related to the package manager.

Level 1

Unfortunately, I was mistaken yesterday when I said it worked!  I inadvertently executed, "mvn clean install" and that worked.   The command, "mvn -PautoInstallPackage clean install -DskipTests -Padobe-public" did NOT work...so any suggestions on how to resolve this are appreciated!

Level 1

SOLVED --> I had a feeling the issue was related to my Macbook environment and it was... it turned out to be a setting in my /etc/hosts where the IP that "localhost" pointed to was modified (for other reasons not related to AEM), so when mvn tried to connect to packageMgr via http://${aem.host}:${aem.port}/crx/packmgr/service.jsp, it timed out!

Employee Advisor

Ah, that's a hard to spot issue (why would you ever let "localhost" point to a different IP?)

Good to know that you solved it, and thanks for letting us know.

Jörg