Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Lock Page Doesn't Work in Edit Mode

Level 4

We're running AEM 6.5.13.

As normal users, we can lock and unlock pages within the site manager - e.g. from within /sites.html/content/<site>/en/test.html

We cannot unlock pages within the editor - e.g. we cannot unlock pages from within /editor.html/content/<site>/en/test.html - though we can lock them here.

I don't see an error in the log files when trying (and failing) to unlock pages from within the editor.

The same is true when logged in as the admin user.

How might we remove either or both of the lock opportunities (i.e. from site manager and or from the editor) from the Touch UI display?

WorksWorksDoesn't workDoesn't work

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@this-that-the-otter :  Usually , i dont suggest to make changes directly in /libs , instead you can overlay and make changes. In our case first try it under /libs if it works then you can overlay.

As per the comment ..

you can go to below url add the code 

/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/actions/lockMode.js

go to the below function unlockPage()  function and add the below code in starting of the function 

var contentFrame = parent.frames["ContentFrame"];
ns.ContentFrame = contentFrame;
ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ = {};
ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ.shared = {};
ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.parent.CQ.shared.User.load()
ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ.shared.User = ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.parent.CQ.shared.User;

Thanks,

Siva

Thanks,
Siva

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@this-that-the-otter 

When we click on the lock page there is a call happen to below url :

https://localhost:4502/bin/wcmcommand

payload :

1. path:
    /content/test/abc.html
  2. cmd:
    lockPage

when we unclock the page also the call happens to the same url with different payload as 

1. path:
    /content/test/abc.html
  2. cmd:
    unlockPage

So can you check in the dev tools network tab, as it is throwing any error for unlock page option

Thanks,
Siva

Hi @SivakumarKanoori  - thanks for the info. I do see an error in the browser console when trying to unlock pages from within the editor -

Uncaught TypeError: ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ is undefined
    unlockPage http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core.js line 266 > srcScript:1048
    jQuery 2
        dispatch
        handle

When unlocking the page via site manager there are no corresponding errors in the console.

I'm not sure if this is related, but in the editor, for the page I am trying to unlock, in the gray bar at the top of the screen, the page name displayed is: MY PAGE TITLE: UNDEFINED

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the info @SivakumarKanoori

I checked it out but it's not clear to me what the solution is.

Initially, it looked like it might have been necessary to add a node/property somewhere (maybe to the page) i.e.:

“dependencies” of String[] type  with value of “cq.shared”

and rebuild clientlibs.

The last by comment @michaelc3108339 suggests adding some code somewhere:

After migration: from 6.2 to 6.4. There is no need to add cq:shared, just review in detail where the code started to fail.

Add the next code to load user data at the contentWindow level.

Granite.author.ContentFrame = contentFrame;
    Granite.author.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ = {};
    Granite.author.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ.shared = {};
    Granite.author.ContentFrame.contentWindow.parent.CQ.shared.User.load()
    Granite.author.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ.shared.User = Granite.author.ContentFrame.contentWindow.parent.CQ.shared.User;

where this might be added isn't 100% clear to me.

The last replier @BrianKasingli (also running AEM 6.5) implies the above is not a long term solution.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@this-that-the-otter :  Usually , i dont suggest to make changes directly in /libs , instead you can overlay and make changes. In our case first try it under /libs if it works then you can overlay.

As per the comment ..

you can go to below url add the code 

/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/actions/lockMode.js

go to the below function unlockPage()  function and add the below code in starting of the function 

ns.ContentFrame = contentFrame;
ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ = {};
ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ.shared = {};
ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.parent.CQ.shared.User.load()
ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.CQ.shared.User = ns.ContentFrame.contentWindow.parent.CQ.shared.User;

Thanks,

Siva

Thanks,
Siva

@SivakumarKanoori Thanks  for naming the location of the file. I will try to create an overlay for it with the specified edit. I will report back. Assuming this is a solution does anyone know if it's been incorporated into AEM 6.5? We're running CFP 13.

@SivakumarKanoori This fixes the issue in my case.

I'm still wondering if Adobe has added this fix to a CFP, and if not - why?