Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

LocationMatch Regex

Level 6

Hi,

. In Virtual Host we have added below line. so when we hit like /content/dam/site/abc.pdf . It matches and set Header as below.

<LocationMatch "\.(?i:pdf)$">
ForceType application/pdf
Header set Content-Disposition inline
</LocationMatch>

Requirement:

If URL is having a selector lets say "pdfdownload" , then it does not set above Header.

Could someone help with regex for that.

so when we hit something like /content/dam/site/abc.pdf.pdfdownload.pdf, It does not set any Content-Disposition Header.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need to update the regex to exclude URLs containing the "pdfdownload" selector.

<LocationMatch "^/(?!.*pdfdownload).*\.pdf$">
</LocationMatch>

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need to update the regex to exclude URLs containing the "pdfdownload" selector.

<LocationMatch "^/(?!.*pdfdownload).*\.pdf$">
</LocationMatch>

Employee Advisor

Hi,

To exclude URLs with the "pdfdownload" selector from setting the Content-Disposition header, you can modify the regex pattern in the LocationMatch directive as follows:

<LocationMatch "^(?!.*pdfdownload).*\.(?i:pdf)$">

This updated regex pattern uses a negative lookahead (?!.*pdfdownload) to exclude URLs containing the "pdfdownload" selector. It ensures that the Content-Disposition header is not set for URLs with the "pdfdownload" selector.

With this modification, when you hit a URL like /content/dam/site/abc.pdf.pdfdownload.pdf, the Content-Disposition header will not be set. However, for URLs like /content/dam/site/abc.pdf, the header will still be applied.