Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Local site not reflecting updates in code changes?

Level 2

Hello, new to CQ, so I may be missing something. Editing a .jsp files code in IDE (intellij), run author and publish, when I view the page in the AEM, the edit is apparent. However when I activate/publish this page the corresponding page on the local version in the browser does not show the update. I have done full refresh on the browser, opened in different browsers, but the edit is not reflected. Is there some default caching at work here, I have heard mention of 'dispatcher' is this what needs clearing. Most other CMS systems I have used just have a reload application, clear cache option.

n.b when I push a page through the Intelli Vault it sends successfully but then shows and error pop-up 'Error while deleting temp contents', is this related?

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Have you configured the publish agent to replicate from author to publish ??

Note : Dispatcher is needed if you would like to cache , load balancing or security purpose. 

Level 2

Have you configured the publish agent to replicate from author to publish ??

Not sure on your suggestion, where would I check, in CRX package manager?

If its been configured, Just check the logs once you click on activate and see if there are any errors logged.

Level 2

By activate do you mean the page in the AEM environment

Level 10

My understanding is that you have 2 instances 'author' and 'publish'. When you edit the jsp code in your IDE, you are able to see your change on the author instance but you are not seeing the same changes in your publish instance once you publish/activate that page. correct ?

If so please check if you have setup the replication agent. Get the complete concept of replication and how to set up the same here [1]

[1] http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/deploy/configuring/replication.html

Level 2

Checking the default agent in the cq replication, and the log is showing the following error: 14.04.2015 11:24:06 - ERROR - publish : << error: com.day.cq.replication.ReplicationException: Repository error during content import: Protocol Header expected.