Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Loading xml exporter from cq 5.6 giving browser error that says 'Not enough memory to open page'

Level 2

Loading xml exporter from cq 5.6 giving browser error that says 'Not enough memory to open page'. 

The XML is expected to be generated from the application code logic scanning certain type of pages.

The logic works and I can see the content starting to load in initial 10 seconds but due to more content the xml file takes almost 45-50 seconds before it shows up 'Not enough memory to open page' message. 

avni27_0-1678890081548.png

This is coming in live environment only hence it is difficult to debug. Are there any known causes of such an error?

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @avni27 ,

This looks like machine-specific limitations.

Here are a few things you could try:-

• Try to clear the browser cache, or try to open it in incognito.
  • Free up some Memory/CPU usage on your machine.
  • Try different browsers/machine
  • Check if you really need all of the content being parsed into the sitemap.
  • If you can reproduce this locally, then see if you can download the complete file (Just to check if there's nothing wrong with processing).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 2

Thank you @nitesh_kumar ,

I have tried and ruled out these three possibilities -

• Try to clear the browser cache, or try to open it in incognito.
  • Free up some Memory/CPU usage on your machine.
  • Try different browsers/machine

The issue is there even after browser cache clear, in different machine and found that there is available memory in server all the time.

For this - Check if you really need all of the content being parsed - I know recently there is a lot of new content being added to those pages. So I am checking if there is any error in the backend processing of data for a timeout.

For this, If you can reproduce this locally, then see if you can download the complete file - The issue cannot be reproduced locally, it works well in all the regions except one. So, I am thinking this could be caused due to certain content present in that specific region.

Employee Advisor

In that case, I will recommend bringing the content of the region affected to your local and doing the debugging.

Also, check if you could set class-level logs to debug to get some more details.

Since it's 5.6 which is quite old, so there is no official support from Adobe on this version. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/eol-matrix.html 

Level 2

Yes @nitesh_kumar , this version is quite old we are working on upgrading it.

And there seems to be an issue with the content only. There was a change done recently due to which some nodes had more than a million products making the request to timeout.

Community Advisor

Are you using front end code or backend ode to achieve this. This happens because either the data processing at front end is very heavy with multiple processing request or your front end code is too heavy.

May be try this approach with sever Side rendering instead client side

Level 2

Hi @DPrakashRaj , 

We are using backend code, servlet to process the data and generate xml file. There is almost no frontend code for this function. Only case is that the file size will be more now due to increase in data recently.