Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Live copy issue in AEM 6.5 when Synchronizing I want to change the page properties of master copy and need to replicate changes to live copied pages. Working fine of replicating the content inside the master copy

Level 7

Hi Team,

I have a problem that I'm not sure it is the expected behavior or not. The concern is after getting a Live copy I have changed the some of page properties which are getting inherited then I select the parent page that I made the change -> References->Live copy->Synchronize->Rollout page->Rollout But the updated value of page properties won't come to the live copied page. Is this the expected behavior.

Note - I tried the drop down options of Rollout config ->"Push on modify" when putting the live copy but still when Synchronizing I cant get the updated value of page properties from the master copy.

but no problem of replicating changes from master copy to live copy when I change the  content inside the master copy. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@JakeCham  few things to check

1. The lock icon is intact in the child pages

2. By default, the properties that aren't rolled out are special properties with a name that start with jcr:, cq: or sling:. Please check you're not referring to these properties

https://helpx.adobe.com/se/experience-manager/kb/MSMRolloutConfig.html

3. OSGI configurations of "com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentUpdateActionFactory / CQ MSM Content Update Action". It has settings for excluding page properties "cq.wcm.msm.action.excludedprops", it could be misconfiguration of this property.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

I think you have to select this option "Rollout config" -> "Push on modify" option in the master/parent page to reflect the changes to live pages.

Thanks,

Venkat.M 

Level 7

Tried this before but not working.Here I want to highlighted that I want to modify the page properties of master copy and need to see the changes from live copied pages 

Employee Advisor

@JakeCham : Check in configMgr CQ MSM content update configuration. Your property might be excluded there. 

Level 7

I want to modify the page properties of master copy and need to see the changes from live copied pages. when I change the content inside master copy it is replicating to live copy but not page property changes

Employee Advisor
jcr, sling and cat properties are by default excluded from rollout in this configuration. If you are trying to rollout these page properties then you need to modify the config

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@JakeCham  few things to check

1. The lock icon is intact in the child pages

2. By default, the properties that aren't rolled out are special properties with a name that start with jcr:, cq: or sling:. Please check you're not referring to these properties

https://helpx.adobe.com/se/experience-manager/kb/MSMRolloutConfig.html

3. OSGI configurations of "com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentUpdateActionFactory / CQ MSM Content Update Action". It has settings for excluding page properties "cq.wcm.msm.action.excludedprops", it could be misconfiguration of this property.