Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Link Plugin RTE Touch UI

Level 10

Guys,

I am trying to find out if there is any way i could add a custom plugin similar to the OOTB coral UI link plugin for the touch UI. Please let me know the steps i need to follow

Appreciate help here.

6 Replies

Level 10

HI Nicole - see this blog from Sreekanth Choudry Nalabotu 

http://experience-aem.blogspot.ca/2015/11/aem-61-extend-touch-ui-rich-text-table-plugin-add-summary....

He also has other articles on this blog that you may find helpful.  

Level 10

smacdonald2008 wrote...

HI Nicole - see this blog from Sreekanth Choudry Nalabotu 

http://experience-aem.blogspot.ca/2015/11/aem-61-extend-touch-ui-rich-text-table-plugin-add-summary....

He also has other articles on this blog that you may find helpful.  

Thank you Scott, i did refer to that but i was trying to figure out a way to create a new plugin similar to the linkplugin JS  with the required customizations. I somehow think Link plugin for touch UI is located at /etc/clientlibs/granite/coralui2/optional/rte/js/core/plugins/LinkPlugin.js, but unsure.

Administrator

Hi 

"LinkPlugin.js" is the things your are looking for.

To provide a new plugin in RTE, a new clientlib will have to be created. In the js file, the intended functionality of button can be implemented in ExtJs. In CSS file, the appearance/image of thee button can be specified. Then the newly created clientlib can be registered as a plugin for RTE by using following line :

CUI.rte.plugins.PluginRegistry.register("pluginName",ClientlibName.PluginName.Plugin);

The entire process has been described step by step AT :- http://experience-aem.blogspot.in/2014/02/aem-cq-56-extend-richtext-editor-add-new-plugin-pullquote....

Overwriting " /etc/clientlibs/" is not a good practice.

The problem comes with upgrades:
- unchanged defaults should be upgraded
- customer changes however should not be overwritten
- but the new product version should be kept available, so the customer can look at it & upgrade his version manually

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

kautuksahni wrote...

Hi 

To provide a new plugin in RTE, a new clientlib will have to be created. In the js file, the intended functionality of button can be implemented in ExtJs. In CSS file, the appearance/image of thee button can be specified. Then the newly created clientlib can be registered as a plugin for RTE by using following line :

CUI.rte.plugins.PluginRegistry.register("pluginName",ClientlibName.PluginName.Plugin);

The entire process has been described step by step AT :- http://experience-aem.blogspot.in/2014/02/aem-cq-56-extend-richtext-editor-add-new-plugin-pullquote....

- but the new product version should be kept available, so the customer can look at it & upgrade his version manually

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Thank you Kautuk,

I will give it a shot and update with the outcome. I did look at the link you provided, but  isn't it for Classic UI, i guess i would probably have to refer to the link that Scott shared for touch UI?

Level 2

NitroHazeDev wrote...

kautuksahni wrote...

Hi 

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Thank you Kautuk,

I will give it a shot and update with the outcome. I did look at the link you provided, but  isn't it for Classic UI, i guess i would probably have to refer to the link that Scott shared for touch UI?

Hi,

I have same kinda requirement, Need to add some more fields to RTE Link Plugin. Could you please help me what are the classes i need to extend ?

Thanks in advance. 

Level 3

Hi Sompali,

We have a similar requirement, so wanted to check if the above attempt resolved your quest?

If yes, could you possibly share the steps or some cues around it?

Thanks.

Hemant