Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ldap config file not picking in the AEM start

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I am doing ldap configuration in AEM 5.6.1 (5.6.1.20130606) as mentioned in this link http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/core/administering/ldap_authentication.html

I used the same sample ldap which is attached in that link. I changed host ip and port number.

changed repository.xml as mentioned in the link,  replaced security manager section and commented login module section.

When I start AEM it is not picking up JAAS configuration itself (ldap config file). Tried all different -fork --forkargs, -nofork but it is not working. Tried on 32 bit windows 8 and 64 bit windows 2008 server.

In the logs it tells as usual authentication handler missing error. 

How to debug why my JAAS config file is not picking. I tried relative path and full path.

Thanks,

Maruthi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

HI,

Please make sure you are starting the CQ with -Djava.security.auth.login.config=crx-quickstart/conf/ldap_login.conf argument. 

For example:

32-bit VM:
     java -Djava.security.auth.login.config=crx-quickstart/conf/ldap_login.conf -Xmx384M -jar crx-quickstart-<version>.jar
    64-bit VM:
     java -Djava.security.auth.login.config=crx-quickstart/conf/ldap_login.conf -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx512M -jar crx-quickstart-<version>.jar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

HI,

Please make sure you are starting the CQ with -Djava.security.auth.login.config=crx-quickstart/conf/ldap_login.conf argument. 

For example:

32-bit VM:
     java -Djava.security.auth.login.config=crx-quickstart/conf/ldap_login.conf -Xmx384M -jar crx-quickstart-<version>.jar
    64-bit VM:
     java -Djava.security.auth.login.config=crx-quickstart/conf/ldap_login.conf -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx512M -jar crx-quickstart-<version>.jar

Level 6

Hi Maruthi,

Check the above suggestion from Ankit to test the CQ instance.

If not debug below

1.Check Cq server and LDAP server is connecting through telnet command with port 636.

2.Check proper certificate is installed on CQ server ,

3.While starting the instance check the error by tailing it .

Still issue please attach the logs ,