Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

LDAP authentication/DefaultDom on Forms 6.4 JEE

Level 2

I am trying to authenticate Active Directory users on a turnkey install of AEM Forms 6.4 on JEE.  Previously, I was able to authenticate successfully on an OSGi-only instance by following these instructions.  On JEE, I made a new Enterprise Domain and added a directory and authentication provider using the same (or almost the same) config as I did previously.  After syncing users with my new domain in the adminui, I try to log in at both the JEE and OSGi layers and get the error "Username and password do not match".  I enabled debug-level logging and found in the JBoss server.log file (\jboss\standalone\log\server.log) that 'a local user <user-id> does not exist in DefaultDom'.  When I manually create a user in the default domain I can log in.  Auth fails for users synced with only OSGi components.

My best guess is that a new domain must be 'made active' or must be pointed to in the URL (or something like that) before you can use it to authenticate.  What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Solution was to not use "Custom" authentication but "LDAP" for the enterprise domain.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Solution was to not use "Custom" authentication but "LDAP" for the enterprise domain.