Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Large file download issue from publish instance

Level 2

We have requirement where we will be upload large size assets on author instance and then those asset will be published.

On publish instance users will access the assets using Customized asset share commons portal and they will download those assets using Cart component / Individually.

The asset share commons download button calls AssetDownloadServlet for downloading the assets.

We are facing performance drop issue / download failure issue when there are many concurrent users downloading large sized file(s) using from the publish instance.

Is there any other way which has good result for such kind of requirement of downloading large sized files.

Note: by large size It can range from minimum 2GB to 15GB

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

I would recommend taking a thread/Heap dump and check the process that is failing. Based on that add you can look into adding additional CPU/Memory.

[1] Take thread dumps from a JVM

Level 2

Is there any other better option or solution available for downloading large files with multiple users downloading those assets?

Employee Advisor

Have you tried to cache these files on dispatcher or CDN?

Level 2

Caching would probably be one of the option i think when the number of assets are less.

Here we have large number of assets. So caching might also consume a lot of space itself.