Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

language copy of referenced assets in sites

Level 4

Hi guys!

I've been trying to translate a page along with the assets referenced in it. In the cloud service configuration for the translation framework there are three choices: 

I tried the second and third choices from the top down. "Using sites translation workflow" translates the referenced assets in place, i.e., it doesn't create a language copy of the asset under the corresponding language. "Using assets translation workflow" did the same thing except it created two projects for the translations (one for the page and one for the assets) rather than grouping everything together under one project.

What I need is something like "Using assets translation workflow" but that also creates a language copy of the referenced assets (right now it only creates a language copy of the pages). Reading the release notes of service pack 1 I found the following:

• Request for inclusion of an option in Language Copy to create a copy of referenced assets in Sites. CQ-41335

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/release-notes-sp1.html

I have been trying to find this option because it sounds like what I'm looking for but so far I haven't been able to find it. Needless to say I have already installed Service Pack 1, can someone please offer some advise or some suggestions on how to go about this?

I can always do both translations separately but I want a way to simplify and unify my translation projects.

Thanks in advance for all your help : )

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

Sorry for the delay. I investigated with Adobe experts on this matter. You mentioned this in the release notes of SP1:

• Request for inclusion of an option in Language Copy to create a copy of referenced assets in Sites. CQ-41335

It was actually not added in the SP1, however, there is a hotfix available that fixes this issue. So one solution for you could be to create a support ticket and ask for this hotfix.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Hi

You might want to look at the documentation: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/sites/translation.html

This and the subpages should help you find what you need.

Level 4

Hello guys!

Thanks to those of you who have replied already : ) I have read all those pages but alas I still don't have an answer to my question. Let me show you what happens "behind the scenes" and which workflows are kicked off and in what order for each of the choices mentioned before:

Using sites translation workflow:

Using assets translation workflow:

For assets however, there are two workflows: "DAM Create and Translate Language Copy" and "DAM Create Language Copy".  So if I use the first this is the sequence of workflows that are kicked off:

So I guess if I could modify the configuration for the Translation Integration Framework and include the "DAM Create and Translate Language Copy" to handle my assets it would do exactly what I need : ) As it is right now it looks like it only uses the "DAM Update Asset" workflow which translates the asset but doesn't crate a language copy of it.

@gcarlino @bsloki I have read the documentation but found nothing regarding this particular configuration. According to what was included in Service Pack 1 there should an option somewhere to handle this (see reference above) but I haven't found it neither by playing around with the product nor in more detailed documentation.

Can anyone please offer some insight on how to go about either to customize the default configuration for the Translation Integration Framework or where to find the reference mentioned in the Service Pack 1 release notes? Thank you very much smiley

Level 4

Thanks again guys for your feedback, but that still isn't the information I need to solve this challenge.

I want to modify the translation integration framework to either

1) Add another choice that includes the "DAM Create and Translate Language Copy" workflow.

2) Modify the existing choices to use the "DAM Create and Translate Language Copy" rather than "DAM Update Asset".

Just in case someone will reply with a link to the documentation, I want you guys to be aware I have already checked out this page:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/sites/translation/tc-tic.html

And the information I need isn't there. Thanks again and hope someone can shed some light on this challenge smiley

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

Sorry for the delay. I investigated with Adobe experts on this matter. You mentioned this in the release notes of SP1:

It was actually not added in the SP1, however, there is a hotfix available that fixes this issue. So one solution for you could be to create a support ticket and ask for this hotfix.

Hope that helps.

Level 4

Thanks a bunch @gcarlino for taking the time to investigate this issue smiley 

I have opened a support ticket with Adobe.