Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Language copy issue with Experience Fragments references

Level 1

Hi, when you create a language copy for a site, through a translations project, all the links to pages to the same site are translated to the new language copy site.
For example:
my original site is: /content/my-site/en/...
and my new language copy is: /content/my-site/es/...

so, all the links to other pages inside /content/my-site/es/... will be translated from /content/my-site/en/... to /content/my-site/es/...

My question is: How can I do an automatic translation of the links to experience fragments?
in my pages inside /content/my-site/en/... I have links to  /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/...
in my pages inside /content/my-site/es/... I still have links to  /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en/... instead of links to /content/experience-fragments/my-site/es/...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

This issue is resolved in the AEM 6.5 Service Pack 12.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/release-notes/service-pack/6.5.12.html...

• Experience fragment translation does not update references to language copy paths (NPR-37953).

Before the fix, I wrote Sling Transformer to achieve the same.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

The team wants to know --

• What is the AEM version being used here? FYI, this got added in AEM 6.3 SP1
  • Has the Customer added the relevant rules for translation in the translation rules file, refer the attached mail thread for a similar Dl-Tech query on Experience fragments translation a while earlier

Level 1
  • the AEM version is: 6.3.2.1
  • Yes, there are a lot of rules added in the translations_rules.xml file but what I am trying to do is automatic translate the language of an experience fragmente link. If I add the property in the file I will sent it to someone to translate it and this is not what we want.

FYI we are using human translation.

Level 3

Hi Matiasv916,

How did you solve this issue then? Could you please provide the resolution in details?

Thanks!

Mayank

Community Advisor

Not sure if this is possible with config.

Though you can add one more process step to WCM: Translate Language Copy workflow to translated experience fragment links.

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Level 2

This issue is resolved in the AEM 6.5 Service Pack 12.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/release-notes/service-pack/6.5.12.html...

• Experience fragment translation does not update references to language copy paths (NPR-37953).

Before the fix, I wrote Sling Transformer to achieve the same.

Community Advisor

You can create a custom Experience fragment renderer that is able to read the language node of a content tree and re-adjust references at run time. 

We had a similar situation with Live copy rollouts where the XF references from language master page were not getting replaced with the XF country variation on roll out. In that case we created a custom rollout config that was able to update the link references at run time during rollout.

The below blog does something similar to what I mentioned for XF rollouts.

https://bimmisoi.blogspot.com/2021/07/update-link-reference-inside-experience.html

Level 2

I am not using MSM but creating language copies. Sling Transformer worked well for me. However, as mentioned, the issue is fixed in AEM 6.5 Service Pack 12 as part of the translation rules.