Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Keywords in metadata not saving when downloaded

Level 2

Hi,

I've noticed that the metadata keywords do not save consistently when I download assets from AEM.

If I have assigned keywords in adobe bridge before uploading they are still there when I download, but if I add keywords by uploading a metadata csv, or by manually adding keywords in AEM, they disappear when I've downloaded the asset.

I've also noticed that even if I delete keywords on AEM, they are still attached to the file when I download it. This seems like it's going to get very messy - can anyone explain what is going on, and how to fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That sounds like your XMP metadata write-back is not enabled (It is not enabled by default). When you download the asset, you are actually checking the original rendition, so if these are not in sync that may be causing your issue. Please be aware that the XMP metadata write-back can have some performance impact on your instance.

You can find more about how to enable it here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/admin/xmp-me...

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

That sounds like your XMP metadata write-back is not enabled (It is not enabled by default). When you download the asset, you are actually checking the original rendition, so if these are not in sync that may be causing your issue. Please be aware that the XMP metadata write-back can have some performance impact on your instance.

You can find more about how to enable it here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/admin/xmp-me...

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

Hi @anott , kindly see my response in this thread which gives an explanation for the observed behavior Solved: Re: Smart tags not embedding into downloaded image - Adobe Experience League Community - 596...

"When an asset is uploaded, the embedded metadata of the file is extracted and put into the metadata node. When downloading the file AEM serves the original binary so additional metadata is not embedded/added to the downloaded file. It is the file that we uploaded initially. The metadata that you are observing in the downloaded file must already be present in the original file.
We do have a metadata write-back process to serve this case."