Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

.json custom extension causing page property go blank in dialog

Level 4

Hi,

I had a requirement to expose custom ".json" view of page . Basically I had to expose all <div> of each component on that page as JSON.

So to achive this followed the standard practice:
1. Add Page.json file
/apps/foundation/components/primary/cq/Page/Page.json.jsp

2. Then under my "pagecomponent" added "json.jsp"

Everything worked great and I was able to get custom ".json" working

But then I realized that when I am opening the page property then everything is BLANK in page property dialog

Then after some digging found that if I rename my extension to be something else other that ".json" like ".json1" then the issue was resolved.

I am just wondering why having ".json" extension was causing this issue. I am thinking that CQ internally also uses this extension ".json" so was there any conflict etc happening which was causing page property value in page property dialog to go BLANK. In CRX still the "jcr:content" node had all the property - It was just the page property dialog which was going BLANK. 

Let me know if anyone else faced same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rohit
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9
2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Please check following thread

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1060097

Level 4

Hi Mshajiahmed,

Thanks for you reply. Yes this fixed the issue. I had looked at this post before but I was doing one thing wrong i.e., i created "json.jsp" instead of "my.json.jsp". Now I have deleted "json.jsp" and it fixed the issue. Thanks once again for the direction.

We can close this ticket now.