Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Jcr Package Manager not working

Level 2

Hi,

We have a requirement to create a packages whenever we trigger a servlet. It works fine when I use request.getResourceResolver() but when I try using resourceResolver created from subservice. it always fails. Gives a PathNotFoundException "Node with path '/' not found".

Couple of references which I found:

https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/blob/master/bundle/src/main/java/com/ad...

https://www.albinsblog.com/2018/01/sling-scheduler-to-auto-create-packages-JcrPackageManager-api-aem...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @omkar20xx1 

You will need to provide read permissions to  "/ " level.

If your service user is part of the group "everyone" then it should have this permissions. 

Mir_Rayan_0-1700209381739.png

I assume you are trying in your local environment, thus you dont have "everyone" group assigned. 

additionally, you will also need to give read create and modify permission to your package group. for example "/etc/packages/{your_group_name}" 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @omkar20xx1 

You will need to provide read permissions to  "/ " level.

If your service user is part of the group "everyone" then it should have this permissions. 

Mir_Rayan_0-1700209381739.png

I assume you are trying in your local environment, thus you dont have "everyone" group assigned. 

additionally, you will also need to give read create and modify permission to your package group. for example "/etc/packages/{your_group_name}" 

Level 2

everyone group was assigned. Respective permissions for /etc/packages were applied. Still there was a deficiency in root read privileges. Either way thanks for the answer. It worked after I gave the read permission to root manually for the respective system user