Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Javascript of a component not being applied

Level 2

Hi, i'm struggling with this, i created a custom component called swcarousel and i'm trying to use a JS file with some functions that are used to change from image to image, the JS file is placed in the path

ui.frontend/src/main/webpack/components

but it still not working, someone has an idea how these JS files are used from there.

P.D Im need to do it from there and not from clientlibs for this component, and the SCSS file placed in the same path worksScreen Shot 2022-05-05 at 8.41.40 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks to everyone that tried to help, the problem is another one now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @fedeperez 

A couple of questions here:

Are the clientlibs getting generated for the component?

Did you add the client-libs in the HTL for the component?

Check this for reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/developing/archetyp...

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

Hi @fedeperez 

Do you have a set up where your js and css under "ui.frontend/src/main/webpack/components" are created under "/apps/project/clientlibs/uife(custom folder)/clientlib-carouselcomp"

This is configured at 'clientlib.config.js' I think. See https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd/blob/main/ui.frontend/clientlib.config.js 

Just wanted to make sure this is working well. And if you have the clientlib generated under /apps then that clientlib category should be included in template that includes the carousel component (or the component html it self) for the desired css or js to  load.

Hope this helps.

Shubham

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks to everyone that tried to help, the problem is another one now.