Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Java files not compiling

Level 2

Hello everyone.

I'm extremely new to Java and AEM. I can't figure out why my Java classes are not working properly. For example I set up a method to return a string in a class that has already been made and verified. Yet when I restart my server the string is no different. I do everything in Eclipse, not sure If I'm missing something or not. Eclipse is set to build automatically.

AEM is not in debug mode, as I can't figure that out either.

Sorry for the noob questions.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Are you sure you have deployed your code into AEM?

Check /system/console for when your bundle has been updated

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Are you sure you have deployed your code into AEM?

Check /system/console for when your bundle has been updated

Community Advisor

Hi,

are you using any project structure using maven or Lazybones ?

Make sure your Java classes are present in bundle console as feike suggested.

if not, try to click on install/update and browse your core package jar file under target folder.

~ Prince

Level 2

Feike, thank you for the answer. I had to do "mvn clean install -PdeployAuthor", I'm unaware of what that's actually doing other than just deploying everything. It fixed my issue with updating classes although I get an error when I do it and it stops the build halfway through saying: 

Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.5.1:install (install-content-package-author) on project ui-content: Error while installing package. Check log for details. -> [Help 1]

Thanks

Level 1

I just ran into this as well. Rookie mistake! Don't forget to run AEM before building to it

This is the full error I observed:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.5.1:install (install-package) on project aem-guides-wknd.ui.apps: Connection refused (Connection refused) -> [Help 1]