Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

issue with update after publishing page

Level 8

Hi,

I have done some changes and published the page over a day ago and its still not reflecting on the live site without a cache clear.

But on sudden on the next day the page is up to date with published content.

what might be the reason.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 , When we publish a page, it is stored in a cache, and subsequent requests are served from the cache instead. In your the cached version of the page is being served until the cache expires or when you clear it manually.

shubhanshu_singh_0-1685468552883.png

I recommend going through https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/dispatcher.html?lang=en to better understand this behavior.

Circling back to the issue, check for response Cache Expires header and revisit caching strategy for you pages if there are authors that do a lot of page activations frequently you may enable TTL based invalidation options for cached items.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 , When we publish a page, it is stored in a cache, and subsequent requests are served from the cache instead. In your the cached version of the page is being served until the cache expires or when you clear it manually.

shubhanshu_singh_0-1685468552883.png

I recommend going through https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/dispatcher.html?lang=en to better understand this behavior.

Circling back to the issue, check for response Cache Expires header and revisit caching strategy for you pages if there are authors that do a lot of page activations frequently you may enable TTL based invalidation options for cached items.

Community Advisor

You can check the dispatcher log to see if the content is fetched from the cache.

Also, validate caching rules as well.

Community Advisor

Probably, there's a TTL associated with your content (pages). Worth revisiting the cache strategy, as ideally the page cache should be cleared on publication and TTL-based expiry should be used for static assets like images, fonts, clientlibs. 

Thanks,

Fani

Community Advisor

@Vani1012 : As far as i know, there are 2 ways we can cache the response .

1) invalidation : writing the /rules section under /cache section of the dispatcher . there you can allow the paths which needs to be cached or not.

This will work like, when the request comes , it will check in your cached location(you will mention the path at docroot ) if its there not invalidated, it will serve from the cache.  when there is a update happened on the same page and published from author, the replication agents (Publisher and dispatcher) gets invoked and invalidate request reaches to the dispatcher and invalidate the cache. 

after that, if you request for the same page, it will go to cache , as it is invalidated it will communicate with the render (AEM publisher ) and get the response and cache it in dispatcher and serves back to browser.

2)  time to live (TTL option)

This is completely different way of caching . here we will cache the pages or resources for some duration which you can configure. 

till that duration completes , even though you have updated the pages , it wont reflect. 

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/dispatcher-ttl/

So in this situation, i think in you are using the enableTTL option to cache. You can  check /enableTTL values is 1. it means this option enabled. 

Thanks,
Siva