Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with Custom Authentication Handler AEM6.4

Level 2

Hi Guys,

I have followed this link to setup google authenticator Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a Custom Authentication Handler for Adobe Experience Manage... . I encountered lot of deprecated / not found annotation issues too. My main class com.aem.authen.core.OTPBasedAuthenticationHandler always shows in unsatisfied state in OSGi console. This happens due to Has anyone configured custom authentication handler successfully in AEM6.4? It would be greatly appreciate if you could share with me the steps you have followed you have a success story.

Regards,

Chinthaka

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The article you mentioned is tested on 6.4 and should work for you. Community members are using R7 annotations and a Maven Archetype 15. Can you check if you are using the same?

Also, For "com.aem.authen.core.OTPBasedAuthenticationHandler" , check which dependency is failing?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The article you mentioned is tested on 6.4 and should work for you. Community members are using R7 annotations and a Maven Archetype 15. Can you check if you are using the same?

Also, For "com.aem.authen.core.OTPBasedAuthenticationHandler" , check which dependency is failing?

Employee

Did you have a chance to test the solution package at https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/experience-manager/using/twofactor64/jcr_content/main-pa...

Also, make sure that the main pom.xml includes a 6.4 uber.jar file dependencies.

Level 2

Thank you so much Jaideep. Yes you are absolutely right. I had to change few dependencies.

I used this one .Using OSGi R7 annotations in AEM - Experience Delivers

In addition you also need to update following dependency in order to @Activate annotation works.

<dependency>

<groupId>org.osgi</groupId>

<artifactId>osgi.cmpn</artifactId>

<version>7.0.0</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Thanks a lot mate.

Level 2

Thank you so much Jaideep. Yes you are absolutely right. I had to change few dependencies.

In addition you also need to update following dependency in order to @Activate annotation works.

<dependency>

<version>7.0.0</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Thanks a lot mate.

Level 2

Thank you so much Berlink. Yes you are absolutely right. I had to change few dependencies to the POM.

<dependency>

<version>7.0.0</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Thanks a lot mate.