Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

issue with com.day.cq.mailer.DefaultMailService config

Level 3

We wanted to overwrite com.day.cq.mailer.DefaultMailService attributes and added and deployed this as run mode configuration xml but as soon as we add this configuration under /apps/custom-path, workflow email stopped triggering and when we delete it from custom-path, it start working again.

here is what we have in com.day.cq.mailer.DefaultMailService.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jcr:root xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
   jcr:primaryType="sling:OsgiConfig"

smtp.password="eadmin"
   debug.email="{Boolean}true"
   smtp.user="eadmin"
   smtp.port="{Long}25"
   smtp.ssl="{Boolean}false"
   from.address="dev@example.com"
   smtp.host="xx.xxx.xx.xx"
/>

Also noticed, DefaultMailService OSGI conguration from system console screen is loading value from our custom path but as soon as we update it or click save , it is converting DefaultMailService node type to nt:file from sling:OsgiConfig where all the attributes are stored under jcr:data node value of binary data type.

Anything wrong with xml or how we can make it work?

3 Replies

Level 10

See this Support KB - Configuring participant e-mail notification.

Another way to get email working in a workflow - you can use MailServiceGateway and a custom step - as discussed here: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating custom AEM workflow steps that send email messages

Level 3

I think I am following Configuring participant e-mail notification .In the mean time, I removed DefaultMailService from custom path and tried to update from address from OSGI console (which is now coming from OOB config under /system/config) but it does not generate any workflow email if I update from address to anything which is not in  adobecqms domain.

For example: Email will trigger for from address= "noreply-dev@adobecqms.com" but will not trigger for "noreply-dev@xyz.com".  it was very strange and looks like bug or some kind of cross validation happening behind the scene.