Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Issue Regarding Tab

Avatar

Level 3

Hi,

 

The thing is, actually I have removed a section(photo library as per the image below) from one of the tabs from the header.

And then I published the respective tab, and the respective page and also cleared the cache for those links too.

But still I could see that section(photo library) in the tab. And if I click on the respective page, then the page is unresponsive.

So the actual outcome shouldn't have that section in that tab.

 

So, please help me out in providing solution to this issue.

 

Thanks,

Shreyas.

 

14 Replies

Avatar

Community Advisor

@Shreyas_tm

Could you please help me understand a little more about your issue? Did you author the header in XF? If so, did you publish the XF after authoring?

 

Thanks 

Veena ✌

Avatar

Level 3

Hi,

Actually I didn't author the header XF, there are no specific changes with respect to the header tabs. I had made changes with respect to only the sections and have published it and just cleared the cache. So I didn't publish the XF.

Will try it publishing and clearing the cache.

 

Thanks,

Shreyas.

Avatar

Level 3

Hi,

We tried clearing cache for XF, and all other pages, and also for newly published pages. But we still face  the same issue. Only on PROD author we are able to see the exact outcome. But not on publisher, dispatcher, domain. 

Same thing we tried on Stage, Dev and the local env's, and it worked. But we are facing this issue only on Prod.

Are there any other ways to look on it?

 

Thanks,

Shreyas.

Avatar

Community Advisor

Hi @Shreyas_tm 
Could you please preview pages in Author(view as publish) to make sure changes are done at right place. If the correct content is published then make sure you also cleared all the cache(dispatcher, CDN).

 

The page is responsive, could be the infinite processing of javascript (could be due to your custom code)



Arun Patidar

Avatar

Level 3

Hi,

Yes, when I preview the page, I could see the changes done at the right place. But I couldn't see those changes on publisher and dispatcher. I even tried clearing the paths for the new sections added and removed from the tabs. But still the same issue. 

Actually we had tried the same thing on STAGE and DEV and it was working, but we are getting the issue on the PROD.

 

Thanks,

Shreyas.

Avatar

Community Advisor

Hi @Shreyas_tm 
If you couldn't see those changes on publishers that means those changes are not correctly published.



Arun Patidar

Avatar

Level 3

Hi,

I have published and cleared cache for each and every page.

But couldn't get the proper issue. I have selected the invalidate cache option during the cache clearing on PROD, its the proper way right? or there is any option to solve this issue.

 

Thanks,

Shreyas.

Avatar

Level 8

Hi @Shreyas_tm : If possible, can you please try changing some other section of the page and publish and see if it reflects on publishers. If Not, then maybe your replication is broken.

Avatar

Level 3

Hi,

As it the prod I will not be able to test it on this site. So, we tried to test it on Stage first and only after confirmation we made those changes on the Prod.

And we cleared the cache for all the pages of the site, and even the XF. But still we are facing the same issue.

So, are there any other ways to clear the cache?

Or Any other possible way of solutions.

And also what do you mean by replication broken?

Can you please explain on this.

 

Thanks,

Shreyas.

Avatar

Level 8

Hi @Shreyas_tm : I wanted to check if you are able to make other content changes on your site and once you publish/activate them, you can see those changes successfully on your website.

Avatar

Administrator

@Shreyas_tm Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.



Kautuk Sahni

Avatar

Level 3

Hi,

The issue  haven't yet solved. Looked to all possible solutions, and still on it. Once solved will post it, and I am still open to the solutions.

 

Thanks,

Shreyas.

Avatar

Level 3

Hi,

The issue is resolved.

So the thing is I had removed(deleted) the page without unpublishing it first. So since it was not unpublished we could still see the removed page on publisher and dispatcher even after clearing the cache. So, I again created the deleted page then unpublished it and deleted it and cleared the cache.

Hence the issue was solved.

 

Thanks and regards,

Shreyas.