Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Issue in carousel authoring when added as resource

Level 6

Hello community,

I am adding overridden carousel component as a resource like below.

<sly data-sly-resource="${'herobanner' @ resourceType='mysite/components/content/herobannercarousel'}"></sly>

Now when I try to author this carousel to add carousel items, it doesn't allow me to add. Nothing happens when I click on add button. It throws below js error in console.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'path' of undefined
    at Array.self.find (core.js:909)
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (clientlibs.js:175)
    at Vent._executeListenersAtElement (coralui3.js:4141)
    at Vent._executeBubbleListeners (coralui3.js:4250)

carousel-dialog.png

But when I save dialog and then again open it to add items, it allows me to add items without any errors. I am observing this same behavior for core carousel component and we Retail carousel as well.

Thanks

Swapnil

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @salamswapnil,

Is the same issue reproducible when you author the component individually? What does the error.log say? Please share the log for getting more info on the issue.

Also, check the parent component itself without adding a sub-component to check if there is any issue in its code.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Level 6
Hi @Kiran_Vedantam, No this issue is only occurring when carousel is added as a resource. When added as individual component it works fine. There is nothing in the logs. Also parent component is working with other child components. You can reproduce this issue at your end with "we retail" carousel component if you have "we retail" project in your local.