Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Is there any option to get child node in SQL query

Level 1

Is there any equivalent of IsdescendantNode or ChildNode in Sql Query as we have in SQL 2.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,
I guess that with SQL2 you mean JCR-SQL2? And there, as you said, you have the option to use the following code with the ISDESCENDANTNODE function:

qm.createQuery("SELECT * FROM [nt:unstructured] AS node WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE([" + root.getPath() + "]) and CONTAINS(node.*, '" + searchTerm + "')", Query.JCR_SQL2);

Im not sure exactly what you mean with SQL Query ?

If you do not want to use JCR-SQL2 there is another option to use JCR-JQOM (JCR Java Query Object Model). There you have the equivalent to ISDESCENDANTNODE() which is called "descendantNode". It can be used in the same way with this code example:

.... Constraint myConstraint = qf.fullTextSearch(MY_SELECTOR_NAME, null, qf.literal(vf.createValue(queryTerm))); myConstraint = qf.and(myConstraint, qf.descendantNode(MY_SELECTOR_NAME, queryRoot.getPath())); QueryObjectModel query = qf.createQuery(selector, constraint, null, null); .....

Then you also have the possibility to use the XPATH queries which have the equivalent expression "child::node()" which can be used to retrieve the child nodes of a ceratin node like this:

/jcr:root/content/mysite/en/news/2013/child::node()

Hope it's some kind of help!
Regards Johan

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,
I guess that with SQL2 you mean JCR-SQL2? And there, as you said, you have the option to use the following code with the ISDESCENDANTNODE function:

qm.createQuery("SELECT * FROM [nt:unstructured] AS node WHERE ISDESCENDANTNODE([" + root.getPath() + "]) and CONTAINS(node.*, '" + searchTerm + "')", Query.JCR_SQL2);

Im not sure exactly what you mean with SQL Query ?

If you do not want to use JCR-SQL2 there is another option to use JCR-JQOM (JCR Java Query Object Model). There you have the equivalent to ISDESCENDANTNODE() which is called "descendantNode". It can be used in the same way with this code example:

.... Constraint myConstraint = qf.fullTextSearch(MY_SELECTOR_NAME, null, qf.literal(vf.createValue(queryTerm))); myConstraint = qf.and(myConstraint, qf.descendantNode(MY_SELECTOR_NAME, queryRoot.getPath())); QueryObjectModel query = qf.createQuery(selector, constraint, null, null); .....

Then you also have the possibility to use the XPATH queries which have the equivalent expression "child::node()" which can be used to retrieve the child nodes of a ceratin node like this:

/jcr:root/content/mysite/en/news/2013/child::node()

Hope it's some kind of help!
Regards Johan