Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is there a way to do search on data submitted from Adaptive forms?

Level 2

I'm on AEM6 and I'm making use of the Adaptive Forms. When I save the data, it is being saved in "/content/forms/fp/admin/drafts/data" and the submit action on he form is "Forms portal submit action" because I'm making use of the "Drafts and submissions component". 

Looking at CRXDE I can see that the data is being saved as jcr:data in XML format. 

My question is, is there a way in AEM to do search on this data? For example if I submit 10 forms and I want to do search on the data where fieild2 of the form has value "TESTSEARCH". Is this possible to do in AEM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

ANother option that you have if you want to be able to search is to develop your own OSGi service that handles the submissions. See this community article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/posting-aem-6-form-data.html

Then you can persist the submitted data the way you want. For example - place it under /content/.../... etc. 

Then use the JCR API/QUeryBuilder API and do searches on the nodes where the submitted data is. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

ANother option that you have if you want to be able to search is to develop your own OSGi service that handles the submissions. See this community article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/posting-aem-6-form-data.html

Then you can persist the submitted data the way you want. For example - place it under /content/.../... etc. 

Then use the JCR API/QUeryBuilder API and do searches on the nodes where the submitted data is. 

Hope this helps. 

Level 2

The reason why I'm using forms portal as a submit action is because i want to take advantage of the "Drafts and submissions component". 

If I develop my own OSGI service then I lose what that component provide or need to make configurations to it. 

Both options aren't great. I'm kind of baffled why an in-built form functionality would not allow searching on the form data. 

Level 2

I already have a JSP page that takes the form data and makes a PDF out of it using XSD.

Would you suggest that I add code in this same JSP file such that all the data gets persisted as jcr:string properties ?