Is there a known issue in AEM 5.6.1 opening pages for authoring using IE8. According to the supported browsers, IE8 is supported in classic mode. But on opening the page we are getting a blank screen. If I remove the content finder from the URL it then works. I have tried spk2 as well and that has made no difference.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have rechecked my investigations, and it appears IE8 does work with a completely fresh install of AEM 5.6.1. I then tried adding the Security Pack 1 and the fix for IE11 browsers, and it still worked. As soon as I installed service pack 2 it broke author with the content finder. We do have another separate instance we upgraded to 5.6.1 which doesn't have spk2 on though and that doesn't work either. Looks like I need to do a bit more digging.
Thanks for the reply
1 Removing the cf. Yes it displays the page, but sort of stops you authoring the page
2 Not sure why this would help, but tried it and it doesn't make any difference
3 Not sure why this would help, but tried it and it doesn't make any difference
I have logged a support call with Adobe to look into this, but any other suggestions gratefully received, as this has put a hold on us migrating from CQ 5.4
Checking again the instance that doesn't work also has spk2 on. So it is definitely something in there that's caused the problem. Looks like something Adobe need to fix