Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is there a better way than log.error to log events to prod cloud env?

Level 9

We frequently need to log something (e.g. audit or unusual events, or just something we want to keep track of) on the production instance.  However, the only log level available on prod is log.error.  So we use log.error for general logging on production. This has the unfortunate side effect that we cant search for errors in the prod logs, as there are a lot of non errors in there.

Any better suggestions? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock  AEMaaCS provides facility to extract logs via Splunk.Also customer can connect their own splunk feed with AEMaaCS feed. Please check with your CSE for this feature I hope this will provide more options for querying specific logs that you need.

Regards,

Rajashankar.R

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @TB3dock ,

As per the documentation AEM as a Cloud Services does not support custom log files, however it does support custom logging.

For Java logs to be available in AEM as a Cloud Service (via Cloud Manager or Adobe I/O CLI), custom log statements must be written the error.log. Logs written to custom named logs, such as example.log, will not be accessible from AEM as a Cloud Service.

So in this case I would recommend to have have custom logging message as per your project so that you can grep or search for it.

Reference Link - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/cloud-service/debugging/debugging-a....

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock  AEMaaCS provides facility to extract logs via Splunk.Also customer can connect their own splunk feed with AEMaaCS feed. Please check with your CSE for this feature I hope this will provide more options for querying specific logs that you need.

Regards,

Rajashankar.R