Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is it possible to show different columns in sites list view based on different paths?

Level 4

our sites are organized so that every folder in the site houses a different template based page. Each template has certain addtional properties. So in the listview we want to display different columns bases on the path we are in.

Seems like same view gets shared across entire sites list view. Is there any way to do achieve this? 

5 Replies

Level 9

Chetan,

I may not be accurate in understanding how Pages & sites are organized. But, Are additional properties not good enough to decide the view in a given page?

Chetan Vajre wrote...

our sites are organized so that every folder in the site houses a different template based page. Each template has certain addtional properties. So in the listview we want to display different columns bases on the path we are in.

Seems like same view gets shared across entire sites list view. Is there any way to do achieve this? 

Level 4

The properties are there but I don't want those columns visible in other tree. Example

/content/myphotopages

/content/myawesomepage

i want to show different columns in the list view of sites for each tree. Currently, i can customize to show the properties but then those show up even for other tree as well

Does it make sense ?

Level 10

Please show a screen shot and then use text in it to describe what you want. 

Level 4

Attaching screenshot

As you can see, brands and bundles are different folders. Inside those I create pages based on different templates that might some additional metadata which is not same for both. But now I want to be able to show say "Approved" column in brands and "Status" column in bundles, its not possible. If i add those columns, those show in all views since there is only one availablecolumns node for site list view customizations. There are rendering conditions that allow me to show different toolbar options based on what path I am under.

Is there a way to do this?

Level 9

Hi Chethan,

It should be achievable & never tried personally. I would take below approach for your use case. Are you facing any challenge with it?

• In toolbar have all the options. Just disabled based on path they are. 
  • Similarly have all the columns & hide a column based on folder you are in. 

Thanks,