Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Introducing a sly logic as a parent sly will harm existing data in AEM ?

Level 7

<sly data-sly-test="logic"> //Newly added logic

<sly data-sly-test="logic"> //existing logc

</sly>

</sly>

Here I have wrapped the existing logic by a new logic and all of my existing content related to that inside sly logic got lost.

Any inputs highly appreciate.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If your first condition is rely on some new properties then yes the condition will always be a false and you will not see any content. If this is a case then add complex condition 
e.g. <sly data-sly-test="{properties.newProp && logic}">

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@JakeCham 

I don't think you need inner test condition because you are already checking on top. Try removing the inner/old/existing test condition.

Hope that works.

-AG

Level 7
I have implemented this way long time ago.so content are on the clients sitte now.then new requirement came and I want to wrap the existing logic by new sly logic. Problem is content will be lost.

Community Advisor
I don't think will loose content. The latest HTL file will be executed across old and new pages. Try to check this way, create a page/component in local box with your old logic and then update the logic and refresh the page and see if there is any change.

Community Advisor

@JakeCham Please provide some sample code snippet just to know what you are actually doing?

Community Advisor

Try to add variables to your sightly elements.

<sly data-sly-test.modelA="com.mysite.core.slingmodels.button"> //Newly added logic

<sly data-sly-test.modelB="com.mysite.core.slingmodels.buttonflat"> //existing logc

</sly>

</sly>

Level 4

Hi,

Case A -

Looks like new logic " data-sly-test='logic' " returning false which don't allow to execute the inner portion

Case B -

If you have 2 different test conditions then define with variables like data-sly-test.new="logic" and data-sly-test.old="logic"

Thanks,

Kiran Parab

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If your first condition is rely on some new properties then yes the condition will always be a false and you will not see any content. If this is a case then add complex condition 
e.g. <sly data-sly-test="{properties.newProp && logic}">

Arun Patidar