BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM 6.5 - Setting Default Tags

jsolano918
Level 2
Level 2

Note: I'm a front-end developer and not a java developer. If this needs to be handled in the backend, please let me know.

I'm working on a project that allows filterable tags. There are some tags I'd like to have populated by default, without the content creator having to find and select them. Is there a way to do that in the .context.xml dialog? Attached is my current code and what it looks like in the dialog box.

Use case: I have 2 tags selected. Is there a way to have them populated by default without having to click the checkbox and find them?

tags in xmltags in xmlcurrent tags in dialogcurrent tags in dialog

1 Accepted Solution
Sanket_Kumbharkhane
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, you can use cq:template node in the below component to populate default values.

cq:template has the type nt:unstructured, it allows you to define a complex node with a set of properties and children.

It's a node you create as a child of your component definition. This content will be used as default values whenever you drop a new instance of the component from the sidekick.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sanket_Kumbharkhane
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, you can use cq:template node in the below component to populate default values.

cq:template has the type nt:unstructured, it allows you to define a complex node with a set of properties and children.

It's a node you create as a child of your component definition. This content will be used as default values whenever you drop a new instance of the component from the sidekick.

View solution in original post

jsolano918
Level 2
Level 2
Thanks for the answer. I tried this and I added to the cq:template the name of the tags filter I'm using which you can see above I have as cq:tags (but for fun, i also tried just 'tags') and added the path of a tag as a string and I'm not seeing it populate as a default chosen tag. I made a new tag just called "test" under a global folder. The path should be "/content/cq:tags/global/" - could you by chance provide an example of the code?
rajkumarn738957
Level 1
Level 1
hi sanket we are trying to do the same for a tag field under page properties which is not working as expected. Any idea on that?
Sanket_Kumbharkhane
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @jsolano918 ,

Yes, I have tested it with we-retail tags and default title component by adding one more field of "tag".

I could not attach the package here but find the below screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 11.31.42 AM.pngScreenshot 2021-02-02 at 11.31.30 AM.png