Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

integration

Level 5

what is integration?

how to integrate aem with third party?

what is app server integration and how to use?

what are other app server integration and how to do it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

For AEM on tomcat please refer to the documentation Scott linked above:

Application Server Install

Jörg

View solution in original post

30 Replies

Level 5

i have jar file but i want to integrate aem with any third party..i want to know that what is app server integration and how to integarte aem with app server..and what is preferable app server to integrate with aem not installing.

Level 5

how to integrate aem with ExactTarget?

how to integrate aem with Hybris?

how to integrate aem with Marketo?

how to integrate aem with Endeca?

Employee Advisor

I am sorry, but I don't think that we can give you the information you are requesting. You stated above, that you want to setup integrations. Now you have given us a number of product names.

But without proper usecases behind it I can't give you a good recommendation. Because depending on the usecase a certain approach to interface with Hybris or Marketo makes sense, for other usecases the very same approach does not help. From my point of view without clear objective and usecases in mind, you cannot do integrations.

As an example from an AEM only setup: If you ask me "What do I have to do to work with AEM assets" (without any further usecase behind it or more explanation) I could give this answer: "Just start AEM quickstart on a dedicated machine and start uploading assets". That's a valid answer and works for you if you upload a few hundreds assets (documents up to 1 MB). That's a totally wrong approach when you need to ingest thousands of assets daily. In both cases its "work with AEM assets".

I hope you understand that it's very hard for us to answer to very generic questions, because there are so many options and usecases around, and many of these options and usecases require different approaches and solutions. And without these details I would rather give no answer at all than a wrong answer. I probably can give you options, not an exact step-by-step instruction how make an integration. Although it might sound like an excuse, but AEM is enterprise software supporting many many options, and matching the requirements to one of these options is an essential part of every AEM project.

Jörg

Level 5

thanks for your time and concern. But i m new in aem and dont know much about aem. I want to learn about aem then i found out some details now i have my question clear. Now i want to know about below questions-

how to integrate aem with ExactTarget?

how to integrate aem with Hybris?

how to integrate aem with Marketo?

how to integrate aem with Endeca?

Employee Advisor

If you are new to AEM, I would not start directly with integrating AEM with other products. Start developing templates and components, understand the inner mechanics of the product (OSGI, JCR, the Sling rendering pipeline). When you are proficient with this, then you can start to think about integrations.

These integrations are hardly like "configure the adress of the Hybris instance and enter IP adress, username and password". It's much much more complex, and even if the integration would be that sophisticated (it probably isn't), what would you learn from it?

Jörg

Level 5

thanks to let me know. but i need to understand that how to configure aem on tomcat server. This is need in my project. Please let me know if you can. It would be your great help

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

For AEM on tomcat please refer to the documentation Scott linked above:

Application Server Install

Jörg

Level 5

can you please ans my below questions:

why we need server in aem?

why we use aem server?

what are other server which can be configured with aem?

why we switch aem to some other server like tomcat?

how to configure external server with aem?

how to change ports in external server?

benefits of aem server over other server?

Level 5

can you please ans my below questions:

why we need server in aem?

why we use aem server?

what are other server which can be configured with aem?

why we switch aem to some other server like tomcat?

how to configure external server with aem?

how to change ports in external server?

benefits of aem server over other server?