Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Integrate AEM DAM to other DAM Systems

Community Advisor

Hi AEM Community,

We are migrating assets from Kapost (Content Operation Software) along with its core functionalities to AEM DAM.

We are using an AEM 6.5.11 (AMS) instance.

The tool has a feature wherein you can assign a primary destination to a content type.

(Refer https://help.uplandsoftware.com/kapost/Admin/Assign%20A%20Primary%20Destination%20To%20A%20Content%2...

Rohan_Garg_0-1680834603322.png

We want to mimic the same feature in AEM DAM with a slight improvement that rather than focus on content type, we can first classify the assets in respective folders and then push the entire folder as payload to the destination system.

The approach I was thinking involved the below steps -

1. For each folder to be replicated, assign a tag associated with the target system e.g cq:tag - target/seismic or target/salesforce

2. Configure a workflow/scheduler which runs on the tags such that it invokes an OSGi service to the target system. (Each target system will have it's own service configured with corresponding REST endpoints)

Alternatively, the approach could be such that the scheduler/workflow can run on the folders directly eliminating the need for tagging.

Is there any alternate way which might be better suited to the above problem ?

@arunpatidar@Jörg_Hoh,lukasz-m

@Jagadeesh_Prakash, @nitesh_kumar@Saravanan_Dharmaraj 
@kautuk_sahni 

Thanks,

Rohan Garg

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi All,

We have finalized the below approach for integrating AEM DAM to other systems.

We will eliminate the need for tagging but continue to tag assets to ease categorization.

A workflow will be configured to run on the folder upon modification such that each asset will have a metadata property indicating its link to the target systems.

Each item in this multi-valued property will trigger an OSGi service which will trigger a replication or transport of the asset from AEM DAM to the other system.

I will update any challenges/flaws in this approach as they come along.

Best Regards,

Rohan Garg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi All,

We have finalized the below approach for integrating AEM DAM to other systems.

We will eliminate the need for tagging but continue to tag assets to ease categorization.

A workflow will be configured to run on the folder upon modification such that each asset will have a metadata property indicating its link to the target systems.

Each item in this multi-valued property will trigger an OSGi service which will trigger a replication or transport of the asset from AEM DAM to the other system.

I will update any challenges/flaws in this approach as they come along.

Best Regards,

Rohan Garg