Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Install AEM Service Packs and AEM Forms to AEM

Level 4

Good morning,

I should update the Cms to the latest Service Packs and also install the new version of AEM Forms.

After installing the Service Packs and Forms on each AEM Publish Instances using "/crx/packmgr/index.jsp" do I need to remove the dispatcher cache?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Dispatcher would cache content and Installation of Service Pack or newer forms package should not affect the content.

I have done Service Pack Upgrade in my project twice in the past and I can confirm that we did not face any issues because of old content cached in Dispatcher. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Not necessarily. Clearing the cache could be a little safer if there is any update to your forms/components.

Community Advisor

@robertol6836527  This is not really needed. But is there any instance where you see the old data is cached?

If yes, then you can do a selective cache clear

Correct answer by
Level 2

Dispatcher would cache content and Installation of Service Pack or newer forms package should not affect the content.

I have done Service Pack Upgrade in my project twice in the past and I can confirm that we did not face any issues because of old content cached in Dispatcher.