Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Indicator of successful rollout?

Level 4

We have one of our user not able to roll out pages. It gives a success message but rollout isn't completed. However, when an admin does the same action, it works. Checking, like we have workflow history log, is there a rollout log to check what's going on?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@aembytes ,

When you you rollout a site a pop up message gets displayed which says Rollout successful. 

If even getting that pop up the rollout is not complete then please check the permissions of the user on the content.

I think the user lacks permission on the content.

What I believe is the user is able to select the rollout configs and is not able to do a successful rollout

Check the user has sufficient permission to Modify/create/delete permission on content(where rollout is happening)

Still if it is not working then create new debug logger for com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.* and check what is the issue.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Normally success message indicate that rollout is successful. But if in your case changes not reflected for one user you can try:

• Creating new debug logger for com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.*. Would be easy for you to debug root cause.
  • you can try /var/audit/com.day.cq.wcm.msm.api.RolloutManager, But here its very generic information you will get.

Hope this helps !

Thanks

Dipti

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@aembytes ,

When you you rollout a site a pop up message gets displayed which says Rollout successful. 

If even getting that pop up the rollout is not complete then please check the permissions of the user on the content.

I think the user lacks permission on the content.

What I believe is the user is able to select the rollout configs and is not able to do a successful rollout

Check the user has sufficient permission to Modify/create/delete permission on content(where rollout is happening)

Still if it is not working then create new debug logger for com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.* and check what is the issue.

Hope this helps!

Level 4

This worked. The user was rolling out to multiple marketplaces but did not have write permissions on one of them. The surprising part was entire rollout failed - instead of rolling out to marketplaces where the user had access