Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Including an html file from DAM within an html

Level 1

Hi. Does Sightly provide any functionality for an html file placed in the DAM to be included in another html. I've tried data-sly-include but that didn't seem to work for html files placed in the DAM. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
6 Replies

Level 9

Can you please elaborate on the requirement?

Thanks,

Kishore

Level 10

What are you trying to do - nest HTML? 

Level 1

I have an html file in my DAM with the following content in it : 

<p> Line 1 </p> <p> Line 2 </p>

I'd like to place this content within an html of one of my components. As I mentioned earlier, I've tried using data-sly-include in the component specifying the path of the file in the DAM but that didn't work out. 

PS. I was able to implement this using <div w3-include-html="path to DAM asset"> but was wondering if Sightly provides any way to do the same. 

Level 10

To display HTML located in the dam into a Sighly component - try using syntax @  http://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_html_include.asp. The reason why include does not work is because the HTML in the DAM does not have a resource type. Its an asset like a JPG - and can be referenced using an URL. 

Level 10

What is the file type stored in the DAM ? 

I would recommend  to store HTML as a property of a node. Then read that property to be included. 

Correct answer by
Level 10