Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

in crx/de, create component, create template and create dialog are missing.

Level 9

According to the tutorials, in the local author instance, in crx/de, if I navigate to /apps/wknd/components I should be able to create new components by right clicking. I can create folders or nodes, but thats it.  The other options have always been missing.  I am logged in as admin/admin, and I deployed wknd using mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage.  I have also tried creating a folder under /apps/wknd/components and creating under that, but same problem.

TB3dock_0-1617180725510.png

Any ideas?

Im using the latest could SDK downloaded from Adobe yesterday, and M1 Mac.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock 

You are correct. Those options are now not avilable for any of the folders. You will need to create the component either on the IDE, build and deploy the package to get the component on CRX/DE or you can right click on the folder and select it as "Create Node" by providing the type as cq:Component which will create the component node. This will allow you to create component in CRX/DE and then can be imported into FS using VLT or any other plugin.

asutosh_j3_0-1617181599117.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock 

You are correct. Those options are now not avilable for any of the folders. You will need to create the component either on the IDE, build and deploy the package to get the component on CRX/DE or you can right click on the folder and select it as "Create Node" by providing the type as cq:Component which will create the component node. This will allow you to create component in CRX/DE and then can be imported into FS using VLT or any other plugin.

asutosh_j3_0-1617181599117.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Level 9

thanks for the info. Pretty much all tutorials use the "create component" route. I have not found one which details how to crate a component via IDE, e.g. which files to create, and what they should contain, what the structure should be etc.  I guess I could install an old version of AEM, create the component, then copy the contents to the new AEM.

Level 9

Its also worth noting that I want to create them in the IDE in the git code, as creating them directly in AEM means none of the other devs can access the new component.  However, there seem to be no instructions or tutorials to do this.

Level 9
Sadly, create node doesnt do the same thing as Create Component, i.e. it doesn't create the necessary files and structure so the tutorials are rendered useless.

Level 2

Hi @TB3dock ,

As mentioned by @Asutosh_Jena_  the option to create components directly in crx/de is available via Create Node option. But if you want to directly integrate your IDE with crx/de than you can use Vault Configuration in IntellijIdea or Eclipse whichever you are using. These are basically plug-ins which integrates your IDE directly with crx and you dont have to worry about moving content from one place to another.

Level 9
Unforutnatley, the create node option only create a node, not the other files and structure which the tutorials dont detail. I cant find what files/structure is needed for a component.

Community Advisor

@TB3dock You can refer other components and decide what file/node to keep under your component.
The Create Component option was just creating the component and was adding the HTL/JSP file. Rest all was added by individual developer and the same needs to be followed here.

Thanks!