Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

In CQ, is there a limit to how many other groups can be members of a Group?

Level 1
Is there a limit to how many other groups can be members of a Group?
Is it not possible to add an AD-based group to another AD-based Group?

Yesterday I added an AD-based group that I created as a member of another group which already included the default 'Contributors' group (through the 'Users' module in the 'Groups' tab- not through CRX), Saved, and permissions were granted to members of that group as expected.

Today when I logged back in, the AD-based group that I added yesterday was gone, but the original 'Contributors' group was still there. The permissions for members of this group were obviously impacted and I'm trying to trouble-shoot why my edits from yesterday didn't last...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
    Level 10

There is no limit. Offcourse keep minimum for easy managing & classification.  How many groups member list you are targeting here?

If you have added  AD_Group into another AD_Group at CQ then you might loose if you have configured auto sync of group.   To avoid it add Group at ldap level only. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
    Level 10

There is no limit. Offcourse keep minimum for easy managing & classification.  How many groups member list you are targeting here?

If you have added  AD_Group into another AD_Group at CQ then you might loose if you have configured auto sync of group.   To avoid it add Group at ldap level only. 

Level 1

Aha- that is what's happening. So the solution is to either:

1- add AD group to another AD group via LDAP, OR
    2- create a CQ group with the desired permissions and add the CQ group to the AD group

Thanks very much for the help!