Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Image references are not being updated in PROD author environment when images are moved to another folder.

Level 2

Our Analysis:

1. We are unable to reproduce this behavior in lower environments, issue appears only in PROD author server.
  2. Found this message in log files,

[21.02.2020 05:05:56.509 *INFO* [sling-threadpool-6e70e685-52bc-4c90-ab9c-f0d260e37cfb-(apache-sling-job-thread-pool)-3-<main queue>(com/adobe/cq/dam/assetmove)] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.AssetMoveEventHandler AssetMoveEventHandler: Ignoring reference adjustment(moveFromPageManager=true) ]

1. We verified “AssetMoveEventHandler.java” file and found below logic. If moveFromPageManager is false then it will update the references else it won’t.

Object userDataProp = job.getProperty(AssetMoveListener.USER_DATA_PROP);
boolean moveFromPageManager = false;
if (userDataProp != null) {
    moveFromPageManager = ((String)userDataProp).equalsIgnoreCase("changedByPageManagerMove");
}

if (!moveFromPageManager) {
    this.updateAssetPath(resolver, session, path, eventType, assetNewPath, (String)job.getProperty("node_type"));
    this.updateSwatchPath(resolver, session, path, eventType, assetNewPath);
} else {
    logger.info("AssetMoveEventHandler: Ignoring reference adjustment(moveFromPageManager={})", moveFromPageManager);
}

Could you please investigate and let us know the solution?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you check error logs and events, could be a permission issue.

Arun Patidar

Level 2
I did check the error logs and pasted the log in Description. I tried with admin user as well so I confirmed that this is not permission issue.

Employee Advisor

How are you moving the assets? What API are you using?

Level 2
I am moving the assets from "http://localhost:4502/assets.html/content/dam". Forgot to mention, We are using AEM 6.4 and Service Pack 6.4.6

Employee Advisor

How do you move the assets? I just tried to reproduce your issue on AEM 6.4, and I cannot. I moved the asset using the AEM Assets UI ("move" function).

Can you specific how you move the assets?

Level 2

Apologies for my late response,

We moved asset from AEM Assets UI using move function, as i mentioned in the issue description this issue happens only in Prod author. 

We did raise a Day Care ticket and shared logs, config dumps many times but they have not found the root cause nor explain the flow to us. I do not understand why they take so much time for this one, usually they resolve things quick.

Regards,
Praveen Kasaraju