Expand my Community achievements bar.

Image references are not being updated in PROD author environment when images are moved to another folder.

Level 2

Our Analysis:

1. We are unable to reproduce this behavior in lower environments, issue appears only in PROD author server.
  2. Found this message in log files,

[21.02.2020 05:05:56.509 *INFO* [sling-threadpool-6e70e685-52bc-4c90-ab9c-f0d260e37cfb-(apache-sling-job-thread-pool)-3-<main queue>(com/adobe/cq/dam/assetmove)] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.AssetMoveEventHandler AssetMoveEventHandler: Ignoring reference adjustment(moveFromPageManager=true) ]

1. We verified “AssetMoveEventHandler.java” file and found below logic. If moveFromPageManager is false then it will update the references else it won’t.

Object userDataProp = job.getProperty(AssetMoveListener.USER_DATA_PROP);
boolean moveFromPageManager = false;
if (userDataProp != null) {
    moveFromPageManager = ((String)userDataProp).equalsIgnoreCase("changedByPageManagerMove");
}

if (!moveFromPageManager) {
    this.updateAssetPath(resolver, session, path, eventType, assetNewPath, (String)job.getProperty("node_type"));
    this.updateSwatchPath(resolver, session, path, eventType, assetNewPath);
} else {
    logger.info("AssetMoveEventHandler: Ignoring reference adjustment(moveFromPageManager={})", moveFromPageManager);
}

Could you please investigate and let us know the solution?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you check error logs and events, could be a permission issue.

Arun Patidar

Level 2
I did check the error logs and pasted the log in Description. I tried with admin user as well so I confirmed that this is not permission issue.

Employee Advisor

How are you moving the assets? What API are you using?

Level 2
I am moving the assets from "http://localhost:4502/assets.html/content/dam". Forgot to mention, We are using AEM 6.4 and Service Pack 6.4.6

Employee Advisor

How do you move the assets? I just tried to reproduce your issue on AEM 6.4, and I cannot. I moved the asset using the AEM Assets UI ("move" function).

Can you specific how you move the assets?

Level 2

Apologies for my late response,

We moved asset from AEM Assets UI using move function, as i mentioned in the issue description this issue happens only in Prod author. 

We did raise a Day Care ticket and shared logs, config dumps many times but they have not found the root cause nor explain the flow to us. I do not understand why they take so much time for this one, usually they resolve things quick.

Regards,
Praveen Kasaraju