Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Image List Component not showing content

Level 4

Hi,

We need a List component that displays the Page thumbnail. I got a suggestion to use this one:

Component:

https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd/tree/master/ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/wknd/com...

Java Interface:

https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/adobe/aem/guides/wknd/co...

Sling Model:

https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/adobe/aem/guides/wknd/co...

Even though we added the pages to component, it does not show anything. Neither edit mode(it stays as a placeholder) or wcmmode 

image list comp.PNG

We would really appreciate your help on this. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer 

Can you please add some more information here:

1. If you have implemented everything based on the links you have provided here, it should work as is as it;s wknd implementation and is already working.
  2. Have you made any changes to the exisitng component and it does not work?
  3. What error you are getting when you are adding this component on the page?
  4. Does it allow to edit the content and upon dialog save, you do not see any content?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer 

Can you please add some more information here:

1. If you have implemented everything based on the links you have provided here, it should work as is as it;s wknd implementation and is already working.
  2. Have you made any changes to the exisitng component and it does not work?
  3. What error you are getting when you are adding this component on the page?
  4. Does it allow to edit the content and upon dialog save, you do not see any content?

Level 4

Hi @asutosh_jena

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I just copied everything, I did not change anything. I am not getting any error. I can edit the dialog, and save it. But, after done it still shows as placeholder on edit mode, and on wcmode it shows nothing. The element container is empty.

image list comp 2.PNGimage list comp.PNG

Community Advisor

@AD-Engineer 

Can you please confirm which all fields you are authoring in the dialog.

Also are you trying this on wknd tutorial page?

Are all the bundles active on the system console?

Thanks!

Level 4

@asutosh_jena

Please, find attached the component as a sc.

image list comp 3.PNGimage list comp 4.PNG

and only these rows do not have active but fragment. All others are active. Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer 

I just tried to reproduce the same and it works perfectly fine for me. Please see the screenshot below:

asutosh_jena_0-1618768278153.png

Do you have any content on the page path that you have selected in the dialog i.e. /content/myproject/ch/de/home/content?

If you do not have any content that could be the reason you are not getting anything on the page. Can you try by adding an image content to the page and see it should work. Please try by creating new pages under wknd.

Now I added a path which does not have any image content on the page and in dialog it works whereas on the page i see a blank div which is what you are getting. So once you have a page with content it will work as expected.

asutosh_jena_0-1618769201724.png

asutosh_jena_1-1618768586757.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Level 4

Hey @asutosh_jena

Thank you very much for your help! Still not working. Not sure why. The pages have content. But still not working.

Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer 

Did you try to create a new page inside wknd folder and configure an image component within it.

Now use this page path in the image list component and see if it's working or not.

Thanks!