Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

I wonder if I can translate the content automatically with OOTB(Out-Of-The-Box) Microsoft Translation Tool when user rollout a new site using Multisite Manager.

Level 4

Good morning, Everybody!

My name is Chung Yong, Eom.

I am a java web developer at Montreal in Canada.

At the first time , I develop the E-commerce web site with AEM.

I have 2 main requirements:

1. I need to translate the content automatically when user rollout a new site using Multisite Manager (i.e. from /content/kemin/english to /content/kemin/japan)
  2. I need to use OOTB(Out-Of-The-Box) Microsoft Translation Tool as the machine translation tool.

I wonder if I can translate the content automatically with OOTB(Out-Of-The-Box) Microsoft Translation Tool when user rollout a new site using Multisite Manager.

If it is possible, I would like to know how I can do it step by step.

If it is not possible, I would like to know why I can not do it.

Regards

Chung Yong.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Also - talked to internal ppl about this - reply was:

That is the idea behind it that it can perform a translation of a rollout of a new site...

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/sites/administering/using/tc-wizard.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kt/sites/using/language-copy-feature-video-use.html

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Level 10

As you are aksing about MSM - watch this ATCE session here om MSM - they cover a lot of community questions in this session:

Scott's Digital Community: January 2018 session of Ask the AEM Community Experts

Also a GEMS translation session here will be helpful -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | AEM 6.1 Translation Integration & Best Practices

Level 4

Hi,

Do you know how to implement with OOTB microsoft translations api in MSM.

Regards

Chung Yong.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Also - talked to internal ppl about this - reply was:

That is the idea behind it that it can perform a translation of a rollout of a new site...

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/sites/administering/using/tc-wizard.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kt/sites/using/language-copy-feature-video-use.html

Level 4

after I worked as you told me, I have performed a translation of a rollout of a new site successfully.(from English to Japanese)

Ex)

English : /content/we-retail/language-masters/en.html

Japan   : /content/we-retail/language-masters/ja.html

but after that I can not do a translation of a rollout of a component.

how can I do a translation of a rollout of a component?

Community Advisor

Hi,

Check below to specify content to be translated via translation workflow. you have to specify property which you wanted to get translated.

Identifying Content to Translate

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Thank you.

I wonder if there is only rollout in Live Copy in Multisite Manager.

I wonder if there is not rollout in Language Copy in Multisite Manager.

Level 4

In Language copy,

I want to update and translate from source site(english site) to destinations site(japanese, korean,...) whenever all pages, assets, components in the source site(english site) changed.

I found the following url.

Language Copy or Live Copy | An Important Decision

https://experiencelabs.wordpress.com/2016/07/08/language-copy-or-live-copy-an-important-decision/

and I extracted the following sentences from the above url.

"The decision for using Live Copy vs. Language Copy should be based on whether you are going to translate content or not. If you do wish to translate content, then please evaluate using Language Copy instead. Language Copies can be updated as well and synchronized with their source. AEM has Update & Translate workflows available Out of the box that can synchronize changes between the source and language copy. However, in order to use these workflows, one needs to structure the content in a way that language roots (pages with ISO locale code) are all at the same level."

I would like to know how to update & Translate workflows available Out of the box that can synchronize changes between the source and language copy.

Regards

Chung Yong.

Level 10

Did you read in the Adobe docs that such a workflow existed that perform this task. I am not familiar with such an OOTB workflow.

Level 4

I did not read such workflow that can perform the task in the Adobe docs yet.

I am tring to find how to perform such workflow.

Level 4

Hi,

I have questions about rollout.

I think that there is only rollout in Live Copy in Multisite Manager and there is not rollout in Language Copy in Multisite Manager.

is it true?

Level 4

Hi.

I already read two urls yesterday.

But I am confused about rollout.

I wonder if there is only rollout in Live Copy in Multisite Manager.

I wonder if there is not rollout in Language Copy in Multisite Manager.

Community Advisor

Yes, there is rollout for Live Copy but not for Language Copy.

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Thank you for reply about rollout.

Do you know how to update & Translate workflows available Out of the box that can synchronize changes between the source and language copy?

Level 4

Do you know how to customize the rollout in live copy to translate from english to japanese?

I have 2 main requirements:

1. I need to translate the content automatically when user rollout a new site using Multisite Manager (i.e. from /content/kemin/english to /content/kemin/japan)
  2. I need to use OOTB(Out-Of-The-Box) Microsoft Translation Tool as the machine translation tool.

Community Advisor

Hi,

To setup OOTB MS translator

• In the side bar, click or tap Tools > Operations > Cloud > Cloud Services.

• In the Translation Integration area, whether any configurations have been created determines which link appears:
    • If no configurations have been created, click or tap Configure Now.
    • If configurations already exist, click or tap Show Configurations, and then click or tap the + link that appears next to Available Configurations.

• Type a name for the configuration and then click or tap Create.

• Configure the properties on the Sites, Communities, and Assets tab, and then click or tap OK.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 12.35.33 AM.png

You can create language copy using create->Language copy option

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 12.28.43 AM.png

For language copy sync you can do using References option

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 12.29.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 12.29.20 AM.png

Arun Patidar