Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused:

Level 1

I am new to AEM. I created sample project using maven.I have followed the below site for reference.

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/adobe-aem-cq5-tutorials/create-aem-multi-module-project/.

But I am getting the below Error.

[INFO] --- content-package-maven-plugin:0.5.1:install (install-custom-package) @ aemtuto.ui.apps ---

[INFO] Installing aemtuto.ui.apps (D:\eclipse-new\aemtuto\ui.apps\target\aemtuto.ui.apps-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.zip) to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp

[INFO] I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused: connect

[INFO] Retrying request

[INFO] I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused: connect

[INFO] Retrying request

[INFO] Retrying request

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] Reactor Summary:

[INFO]

[INFO] aemtuto ............................................ SUCCESS [  0.624 s]

[INFO] aemtuto - Core ..................................... SUCCESS [  3.889 s]

[INFO] aemtuto - UI apps .................................. FAILURE [  6.254 s]

[INFO] aemtuto - UI content ............................... SKIPPED

[INFO] aemtuto - Integration Tests Bundles ................ SKIPPED

[INFO] aemtuto - Integration Tests Launcher ............... SKIPPED

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 13.524 s

[INFO] Finished at: 2018-07-11T18:27:30+05:30

[INFO] Final Memory: 41M/526M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.5.1:install (install-custom-package) on project aemtuto.ui.apps: Connection refused: connect -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

"connection refused" always means that the endpoint you are trying to reach is not there. Or to be more precise: The port you are trying to reach is not open (or blocked by a firewall).

In your specific case I would just assume that your AEM instance is not started. Or you defined the wrong port.

Jörg

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Check your AEM instance? is it started or not.

Check credentials in POM file.

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 10

To make it very clear how to successfully build the project (and show the the article works) - see:

Level 1

Thank you all.

My understanding may be wrong. Please correct me.

1. I have installed Eclipse luna ,java 8, Apache maven 3.5.2.

2. After then  installed AEM Developer tool in eclipse market place.

3.Copy the settings.xml from maven config to inside the m2 folder.

3. Created the AEM sample multi module project.

4. build the project "mvn clean install -P aemtuto-author"

5. Now I am getting "build success" after comment the "autoInstallPackagePublish" profile from pom.xml.

Please guide me how to start the AEM instance .

Community Advisor

Hi,

Your AEM instance should be started before deploying the packages from eclipse.

You can start AEM manually or from command line.

Command Line Start and Stop

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 10

FOr now - do not worry about using Elicpse and the dev tool. Can you build a project using Maven and the Command Line - as I showed in the above video. I have shown step by step in video how to successfully get a project built and deployed. 

Your issue is either:

1 - with the Eclipse DEV TOOL

2 - something wrong with AEM instance.

If you can build using the way I showed in the video above - use the command line - then we know its not 2.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

"connection refused" always means that the endpoint you are trying to reach is not there. Or to be more precise: The port you are trying to reach is not open (or blocked by a firewall).

In your specific case I would just assume that your AEM instance is not started. Or you defined the wrong port.

Jörg