Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I created a component in AEM and gave author permission to couple of users. When they are trying to edit its giving “null” where as users with admin access are able to view and edit without any issue

Level 2

I have created a component in AEM 6.5.8 and gave author permissions to users. When they try to edit the component it shows “Null” and where as user with admin access is able to view and edit component without any issue. When checked the log files it shows it’s treating author users as anonymous users. Can some one please help me with this issue, thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

@Itsmevink Those user need to have more permissions in the  content tree. Add them to contributor group and/or any other custom groups which has proper permissions of both. Also if your component writes something on nodes outside /content then check if those permission is required or not to see the content.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Did u try adding your User in any other group, Try "content-authors" group and check.

Correct answer by
Level 2

@Itsmevink Those user need to have more permissions in the  content tree. Add them to contributor group and/or any other custom groups which has proper permissions of both. Also if your component writes something on nodes outside /content then check if those permission is required or not to see the content.