Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

I am not able to delete any component in the AEM pages

Level 3

I am trying to delete components in any aem pages but its not get deleting, I don't know what happening. 

Screenshot (59).png

Here i cliked on the delete option but the component is not getting deleted. This problem i am facing for all pages and for all components. there are not getting deleted when i clicked on delete.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Krishna0427 ,

is this happening on your local instance or on any higher environments?
if it is your local, are you using admin profile or any custom profile?
either case make sure you have edit access.

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Krishna0427 ,

is this happening on your local instance or on any higher environments?
if it is your local, are you using admin profile or any custom profile?
either case make sure you have edit access.

Thank you. 

Level 3

I am using admin profile i was able to delete any components in aem pages three days ago. I dont know what happened suddenly its not get deleting

Community Advisor

Hi,

Do you see any errors in error.log file ? Also check the network tab after clicking on delete option and see the delete api ajax is failing.

Level 3

where can i find network tab? I am new to AEM, please help me

Community Advisor

on your broswer, right click on the page and choose inspect elements.
on the console bar, you will find the network tab.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 9.57.20 AM.png

Level 3

Yes I am getting error after clicking delete button , 

I am getting status code: 404 not found. 

Now what i have to do ?

Level 3

Hi @Ravi_Pampana , Yes after clicking delete option , I m getting warning in red which means error. 

i am getting statuscode 404 not found

1. Request URL:
  2. Request Method:
    GET
  3. Status Code:
    404 Not Found

Community Advisor

Hi @Krishna0427,

To help you, we need some logs, please can you go through this blog article and share with us the logs captured? This will allow us to quickly pinpoint what the problem is, https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/development/basic-steps-to-debug-an-error-in-aem

Level 3

in the network tab, when i clicked in delete the component i am getting red warning and it is saying 

status code: 404 not found.

1. Status Code:
    404 Not Found

Can u help me what i need to do ?

Level 3

this is warning i am getting 

07.01.2022 11:36:33.483 *WARN* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1641535593467] GET /bin/wcm/references HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.lucene.LucenePropertyIndex This index is deprecated: /oak:index/lucene-2; it is used for query Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [nt:base] as a where contains(*, '"/content/aem-learning/us/en/demo-page/jcr\:content/root/container/sitemapincrementfeat"') /* xpath: //*[jcr:contains(., '"/content/aem-learning/us/en/demo-page/jcr\:content/root/container/sitemapincrementfeat"')] */ fullText="/content/aem-learning/us/en/demo-page/jcr:content/root/container/sitemapincrementfeat", path=*). Please change the query or the index definitions.

Level 2

Did we find a resolution for this? I am facing the same issue.