Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

I am facing an issue with RTE. It is working fine in local environment. But in dev and test environment, it doesn't work as expected.

Level 2

In dev/test environment, it opens in full screen mode and when trying to use plugins in dialog mode, they don't work typically lists or Italic etc. I have checked logs and in console I see a js error coming from a minified js file. I am unable to compare the minified file from local js file to see any difference. The service pack installed in both local and dev/test is same version.

6 Replies

Employee

What is the exact AEM patch wherein you are testing this? Can you post the JS error coming in console?

Level 2

AEM version is 6.3 and service pack version is 6.3.2. The error in the console is as follows:

all.min.js:817 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasBackgroundToolbar' of null
at g (all.min.js:817)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (all.min.js:806)
at Function.each (jquery.min.js:91)
at bP.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js:37)
at HTMLElement.<anonymous> (all.min.js:805)
at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.min.js:1305)
at HTMLDocument.cm.handle (jquery.min.js:1210)
at Object.trigger (jquery.min.js:1282)
at HTMLElement.<anonymous> (jquery.min.js:1445)
at Function.each (jquery.min.js:91)

Level 2
I have compared the RTE package in both the environments and there seems to be no difference. Moreover attaching the same is a limitation at my end.

Employee

RE : I am unable to compare the minified file from local js file to see any difference.

What do you mean? just drop the .min off the node name and it will render the full non-minfied version of that. 

OR

Go into the HTML Library Manager OSGI config and temporarily turn off minify while you debug.