Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/archetype-catalog.xml Not available.

Level 2

I am trying to get the new archetype for my aem 6.5.10 project and see if it works fine. But looks like it is down. Can some help with the link?

Even this is not available https://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/ . 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I cannot reproduce it. I just bootstrapped 2 versions of the aem archetype 32 with these parameters:

mvn -B archetype:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=32 -D appTitle="My Site" -D appId="mysite" -D groupId="com.mysite" -D aemVersion=cloud

mvn -B archetype:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=32 -D appTitle="My Site" -D appId="mysite" -D groupId="com.mysite" -D aemVersion=6.5.10

After that I ran both with "mvn clean install" and it worked fine, no complaints about missing artifacts. Did you use the latest archetype version when bootstrapping your project?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

I am facing similar issue with the repo. Nothing is available.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I cannot reproduce it. I just bootstrapped 2 versions of the aem archetype 32 with these parameters:

mvn -B archetype:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=32 -D appTitle="My Site" -D appId="mysite" -D groupId="com.mysite" -D aemVersion=cloud

mvn -B archetype:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=32 -D appTitle="My Site" -D appId="mysite" -D groupId="com.mysite" -D aemVersion=6.5.10

After that I ran both with "mvn clean install" and it worked fine, no complaints about missing artifacts. Did you use the latest archetype version when bootstrapping your project?

Level 1

Hello Jörg. I am a bit of a novice but I tried your updated archetype & aem version but am receiving these errors when attempting the build below:

BUILD FAILURE message:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: startup failed:

[ERROR] General error during conversion: Conflicting module versions. Module [groovy-all is loaded in version 2.4.16 and you are trying to load version 2.4.8

[ERROR] groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Conflicting module versions. Module [groovy-all is loaded in version 2.4.16 and you are trying to load version 2.4.8
[ERROR] at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl$DefaultModuleListener.onModule(MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:529)
[ERROR] at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.ExtensionModuleScanner.scanExtensionModuleFromProperties(ExtensionModuleScanner.java:81)
[ERROR] at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl.registerExtensionModuleFromProperties(MetaClassRegistryImpl.java:174)
[ERROR] at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MetaClassRegistryImpl$registerExtensionModuleFromProperties.call(Unknown Source)

Commands:
mvn archetype:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=32 -D groupId=com.adobe -D version=0.0.1-SNAPSHOT -D appsFolderName=learning -D artifactId=learning -D artifactName="Learning project" -D language_country=en_us -D optionAemVersion=6.5.10 -D optionDispatcherConfig=none -D optionIncludeErrorHandler=n -D optionIncludeExamples=y -D optionIncludeFrontendModule=n -D siteName="Learning Site"

Employee Advisor

I can reproduce this problem as well with the settings your provided. But when I switch to archetype version 35 (which is the most current one), it works fine.

Community Advisor

@gvaem - Works fine for me. Try checking your settings.xml file. And specify the AEM version while creating your project.