Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

HTTP ERROR 503 AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Level 2

Hi All,

I'm facing below issue when I run aem jar with the command java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar   

sams16001423_3-1625976142700.png

sams16001423_4-1625976201946.png

after running below command's : -

java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

sams16001423_6-1625976289537.png

java -Xmx4096m -jar aem-author-p4502.jar -v -x crx2oak -xargs -- --load-profile segment-no-ds -

sams16001423_8-1625976489641.png 

I have updated start.bat file aswell : -

::* default JVM options
if not defined CQ_JVM_OPTS set CQ_JVM_OPTS=-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true
::* add the required JPMS modules, if needed
java --add-modules java.se.ee --version > nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% EQU 0 set CQ_JVM_OPTS=--add-modules java.se.ee %CQ_JVM_OPTS%

please let me know if anyone is aware of this issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sams16001423 ,

You can try below options:

1) Try to delete below 2 files and restart the instance:

/author/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/repo.lock

/author/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/cache.lock

If this also don't work,

2) Stop the instance, delete the index folder and restart again, which will build your indexes again and might take some time to start.Wait for indexing to be completed.You can enable debug logs and check indexing logs in error.log

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @sams16001423 ,

What I believe is you are trying to run AEM as a cloud service author instance.

Before running the command can you check that you have java 11 installed in your system as thats a prerequisite.

then I think there should be no problem executing the below command.

java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar

Hope this helps!!

Thanks

Level 2

@Bimmi_Soi  Yes, I'm using Java 11 & issue still exist . only if delete quickstart file then it will work but i don't want to do that every time.

Employee Advisor

@sams16001423 

Those are just warnings and you should wait till the process gets completed. As you can see the 503 error means the startup has not yet started. Let the process get completed. I see you are stopping it before getting executed.

Thanks

Level 2

Perfect !, if we keep on refreshing it works, looks like delay in staring auth service

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sams16001423 ,

You can try below options:

1) Try to delete below 2 files and restart the instance:

/author/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/repo.lock

/author/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/cache.lock

If this also don't work,

2) Stop the instance, delete the index folder and restart again, which will build your indexes again and might take some time to start.Wait for indexing to be completed.You can enable debug logs and check indexing logs in error.log

Level 1

Try checking the repoinit scripts in the osgi configs specific to your project , as well as removing the index folder in the crx-quickstart will resolve it

Level 5

Deleting repoinit folder from my AEM instance fixed this issue for me. Either you can run below command

rm -rf crx-quickstart/launchpad/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/repoinit OR delete the folder manually. 

There are other ways too to fix this but above one is the quickest I found.