Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

HTTP 504 on Creating Technical Account - Generating Access Tokens for Server Side APIs

Community Advisor

Hi AEM Community,

I am following the below documentation to generate Access Tokens using Developer Console- 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/develo...

The below step is not working for me - 

• Clicking the Create new technical account button, a new set of credentials will be created that includes client id, client secret, private key, certificate, and configuration for author and publish tiers of the environment, regardless of the pod selection.

A new browser tab will open up displaying the credentials. You can use this view to download the credentials by pressing the download icon next to the status title:

Rohan_Garg_0-1686663074456.png

I am able to generate the local development token but not the access tokens.

Any help on why HTTP 504 will come up? (Associated with server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, did not get a response in time from the upstream server that it needed in order to complete the request)

Thanks,

Rohan Garg

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Update - 

Also checked the documentation mentions the below -

Rohan_Garg_0-1686704004395.png

IMS Org Admin User or any user with AEM Admin Profile can create the credentials.
I tried with System Admin role and it worked!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Rohan_Garg 

Request someone with Administrative access to Cloud manager and environments to try.

It was the same issue for me. My senior who had higher privileges was able to create.

Apologies, I do not know the exact privilege. 

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

@aanchal-sikka - Thanks for the response.
I have access to the admin console (as Support Administrator) but not as  System Administrator or Product Administrator. I will reach out to them and try with these roles. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Update - 

Also checked the documentation mentions the below -

Rohan_Garg_0-1686704004395.png

IMS Org Admin User or any user with AEM Admin Profile can create the credentials.
I tried with System Admin role and it worked!

Community Advisor

Check with the IMS org administrator (typically the same user who provisioned the environment via Cloud Manager) or Adobe Support Team for the access token.

Community Advisor

Fetch the AEM as a Cloud Service Credentials

Users with access to the AEM as a Cloud Service developer console will see the integrations tab in the Developer Console for a given environment. A user with the AEM as a Cloud Service Environment administrator role can create, view or manage credentials.

As per the documentation the environment admin create credentials. The IMS org admin is part of AEM Admin Product Profile.