Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

HTML5 Audio Tracking using Adobe Launch | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

HTML5 Audio Tracking using Adobe Launch by Adobe Tech Blog

Abstract

In this post, we will look at how you can setup Adobe Analytics tracking for your HTML5 Audio using Launch by Adobe.
In today’s marketing world, there is gaining traction on Audio Analytics. Audio/podcasts are said to be packed with information and they are a perfect sprinkle of entertainment and light-hearted banter. These are also an incredibly engaging and useful medium for businesses and listeners alike. So, it would be safe to say “they are the sleeping giant of content types.”

Recently one of my clients requested if the Podcasts on their site can be tracked without them having heartbeat SKU. Initially I was a bit confused on how to approach this, with my research there was not much information available on the internet about Audio tracking without a Heartbeat SDK.

Navigating through their site I figured out they are using HTML5 Audio player, so I was intrigued to find out if we can use Launch’s In-built Media tracking option which is extensively used for HTML5 Video tracking to help track the Podcasts as well. And the result, well it is possible.

Hurray!!!
So below steps illustrate how to enable Audio tracking in Adobe Launch using in-built Media Tracking option
For us to capture Audio name, I updated the Audio tag in HTML to capture a user-friendly Audio name using a value attribute, that is the only piece of Audio related ‘code’ I added on the page. You can also take the Href value and using some JavaScript you can convert them into a friendly name as well.

The other thing to keep in mind is that my approach leverages link tracking events to track Audio events. Below are the steps I took to track metrics such as Audio start, Audio Milestones like 25%, 50%, 75%, Audio Complete and dimensions such as friendly Audio name.
Capturing Audio Name in Launch: Create a data element to capture the audio name from “value” attribute updated in the HTML tag where we embed a friendly audio name. Below is a screenshot of what the custom data attribute looks like in the HTML.

Read Full Blog

HTML5 Audio Tracking using Adobe Launch

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies