Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to use Editable template for Page creation in AEM 6.2

Level 2

Hello,

As we know, editable template is one of the new features introduced in AEM 6.2, i tried to explore more on this.

I have created and enabled few editable templates with initial structure and content by following the steps given in adobe documentation : https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/author/site-page-features/templates.html 

But somehow, i am not able to use these templates while creating the pages. ie, under  /content i tried to create a page using page creation wizard, On click of create page  button, we will be prompted to select the available templates (i created couple of static templates as well, these templates are appearing in template selection screen)

Did i miss any configuration part in order to use the editable templates for page creation?

Please post your suggestions

Thanks

10 Replies

Level 10

We will be releasing new articles soon to show you how to hook into editable templates from an AEM project created using Lazybones. The documentation only describes what they how - not how to implement. Keep you eye on the Listing of 2017 HELPX Community Articles thread at the start of this community. The article will be posted soon. 

Level 9

Hi Ajay,

Attach the package containing the things done so far.

Thanks,

Level 2

HI MC,

I created a package containing my sample editable templates, but somehow i was not able to attach it here, i guess zip file attachment is not supported here, please give me your mail id so that i can mail the package

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am also not able to create a page using editable template.

I tried it in my end. I have also published and enabled the template for page creation. let see a new article will help us with page creation.

~ Prince

Community Advisor

Hi,

This is due to the fact that Editable template requires cq:allowedTemplates to be put in jcr:content of the node where you want to allow your template to be visible.
e.g.  /content/jcr:content add property     cq:allowedTemplates

Regards,
Varun Rawat

Level 4

Could you please tell where do I need to mention it.

Level 7

In page properties, go to advanced tab and add templates you want to be available under "Allowed Templates"..Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 3.10.21 PM.png